Time-varying betas and volatility persistence in International Stock markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economics and Business.
Volume (Year): 46 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jeconbus
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saporoschenko, Andrew, 2002. "The sensitivity of Japanese bank stock returns to economic factors: An examination of asset/liability differences and main bank status," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 253-270.
- Reyes, Mario G., 1999. "Size, time-varying beta, and conditional heteroscedasticity in UK stock returns," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-10, June.
- Yunmi Kim, 2012. "Autoregressive conditional beta," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(2), pages 1489-1494.
- Andrew Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2006.
"Market Risk in Demutualized Self-Listed Stock Exchanges: An International Analysis of Selected Time-Varying Betas,"
Global Economic Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(3), pages 239-257.
- Andrew Worthington & Helen Higgs, 2005. "Market Risk in Demutualised Self-Listed Stock Exchanges: An International Analysis of Selected Time-Varying Betas," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 201, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- R. D. Brooks & R. W. Faff & M. McKenzie, 2002. "Time varying country risk: an assessment of alternative modelling techniques," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 249-274.
- Robert Brooks & Robert Faff & David Sokulsky, 2005. "The stock market impact of German reunification: international evidence," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(1), pages 31-42.
- McKenzie, Michael D. & Brooks, Robert D. & Faff, Robert W. & Ho, Yew Kee, 2000. "Exploring the economic rationale of extremes in GARCH generated betas The case of U.S. banks," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 85-106.
- Ewing, Bradley T. & Malik, Farooq, 2005. "Re-examining the asymmetric predictability of conditional variances: The role of sudden changes in variance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2655-2673, October.
- Koutmos, Gregory, 1997. "Do emerging and developed stock markets behave alike? Evidence from six pacific basin stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 7(3), pages 221-234, October.
- Gangemi, Michael & Brooks, Robert & Faff, Robert, 1999. "Mean reversion and the forecasting of country betas: a note," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 231-245.
- Anders Johansson, 2009.
"An analysis of dynamic risk in the Greater China equity markets,"
Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 299-320.
- Johansson, Anders C., 2009. "An Analysis Of Dynamic Risk In The Greater China Equity Markets," Working Paper Series 2009-5, China Economic Research Center, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Yuenan Wang & Amalia Di Iorio, 2007. "The cross-sectional relationship between stock returns and domestic and global factors in the Chinese A-share market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 181-203, August.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 2005. "Time-varying beta and the Asian financial crisis: Evidence from Malaysian and Taiwanese firms," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 93-118, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.