Why stable fiat money hyperinflates: Results from an experimental economy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 61 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gabriele Camera & Charles Noussair & Steven Tucker, 2003.
"Rate-of-return dominance and efficiency in an experimental economy,"
Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 629-660, October.
- Noussair, C.N. & Camera , G. & Tucker, S., 2003. "Rate of return dominance and efficiency in an experimental economy," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-377947, Tilburg University.
- Camera, G. & Noussair, C. & Tucker, S., 2000. "Rate-of-Return Dominance and Efficiency in an Experimental Economy," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1135, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Lim, Suk S & Prescott, Edward C & Sunder, Shyam, 1994. "Stationary Solution to the Overlapping Generations Model of Fiat Money: Experimental Evidence," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 255-77.
- Smith, Vernon L. & Williams, Arlington W., 1982. "The effects of rent asymmetries in experimental auction markets," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 99-116, March.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr & Stokey, Nancy L, 1987.
"Money and Interest in a Cash-in-Advance Economy,"
Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 491-513, May.
- Robert E. Lucas, Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1985. "Money and Interest in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," NBER Working Papers 1618, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Robert E. Lucas Jr. & Nancy L. Stokey, 1984. "Money and Interest in Cash-In-Advance Economy," Discussion Papers 628, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Dan Kovenock, 2002.
"Fiat Exchange in Finite Economies,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 40(2), pages 147-157, April.
- Kovenock, D. & De Vries, C.G., 1995. "Fiat Exchange in Finite Economies," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1079, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Kovenock, D. & de Vries, C.G., 1995. "Fiat Exchange in Finite Economies," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 310.95, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Hayashi, Fumio & Matsui, Akihiko, 1996.
"A Model of Fiat Money and Barter,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 111-132, January.
- Isaac, R Mark & Walker, James M, 1988.
"Group Size Effects in Public Goods Provision: The Voluntary Contributions Mechanism,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
MIT Press, vol. 103(1), pages 179-99, February.
- R. M. Isaac & J. M. Walker, 2010. "Group size effects in public goods provision: The voluntary contribution mechanism," Levine's Working Paper Archive 310, David K. Levine.
- Paul A. Samuelson, 1958. "An Exact Consumption-Loan Model of Interest with or without the Social Contrivance of Money," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 467.
- McCabe, Kevin A., 1989. "Fiat money as a store of value in an experimental market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 215-231, October.
- Brown, Paul M., 1996. "Experimental evidence on money as a medium of exchange," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 583-600, April.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Wright, Randall, 1989. "On Money as a Medium of Exchange," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(4), pages 927-54, August.
- Jack Ochs & John Duffy, 1999. "Emergence of Money as a Medium of Exchange: An Experimental Study," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(4), pages 847-877, September.
- Thomas J. Sargent, 1982.
"The Ends of Four Big Inflations,"
in: Inflation: Causes and Effects, pages 41-98
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Capie, Forrest, 1986. "Conditions in which very rapid inflation has appeared," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 115-168, January.
- Ramon Marimon & Shyam Sunder, 1993.
"Indeterminacy of equilibria in a hyperinflationary world: Experimental evidence,"
Economics Working Papers
25, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Marimon, Ramon & Sunder, Shyam, 1993. "Indeterminacy of Equilibria in a Hyperinflationary World: Experimental Evidence," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1073-107, September.
- Svensson, Lars E O, 1985. "Money and Asset Prices in a Cash-in-Advance Economy," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(5), pages 919-44, October.
- Arlington W. Williams & John O. Ledyard & Steven Gjerstad & Vernon L. Smith, 2000. "Concurrent trading in two experimental markets with demand interdependence," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 511-528.
- Vernon L. Smith, 2003.
"Constructivist and Ecological Rationality in Economics,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 465-508, June.
- Smith, Vernon L., 2002. "Constructivist and Ecological Rationality in Economics," Nobel Prize in Economics documents 2002-7, Nobel Prize Committee.
- John Duffy & Daniela Puzzello, 2011.
"Gift Exchange versus Monetary Exchange: Theory and Evidence,"
449, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2013.
- John Duffy & Daniela Puzzello, 2014. "Gift Exchange versus Monetary Exchange: Theory and Evidence," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(6), pages 1735-76, June.
- Daniela Puzzello & Brit Grosskpof & John Duffy, 2011. "Gift Exchange versus Monetary Exchange: Experimental Evidence," 2011 Meeting Papers 1153, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Deck, Cary A., 2004. "Avoiding hyperinflation: Evidence from a laboratory economy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 147-170, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.