The wage effects from the use of personal contacts as hiring channels
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 59 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Parent, Daniel, 2000. "Industry-Specific Capital and the Wage Profile: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Survey of Youth and the Panel Study of Income Dynamics," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 306-23, April.
- Wahba, Jackline & Zenou, Yves, 2004.
"Density, Social Networks and Job Search Methods: Theory and Application to Egypt,"
Working Paper Series
629, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Wahba, Jackline & Zenou, Yves, 2005. "Density, social networks and job search methods: Theory and application to Egypt," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(2), pages 443-473, December.
- Wahba, Jackline & Zenou, Yves, 2003. "Density, Social Networks and Job Search Methods: Theory and Application to Egypt," CEPR Discussion Papers 3967, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Assaad, Ragui, 1997. "Kinship ties, social networks, and segmented labor markets: evidence from the construction sector in Egypt," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Luigi Pistaferri, 1999. "Informal Networks in the Italian Labor Market," Giornale degli Economisti, GDE (Giornale degli Economisti e Annali di Economia), Bocconi University, vol. 58(3-4), pages 355-375, December.
- Mortensen, D. T. & Vishwanath, T., 1995.
"Personal contacts and earnings: It is who you know!,"
Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 103-104, March.
- Mortensen, Dale T. & Vishwanath, Tara, 1994. "Personal contacts and earnings : It is who you know!," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 187-201, March.
- Carrington, William J & Detragiache, Enrica & Vishwanath, Tara, 1996. "Migration with Endogenous Moving Costs," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 909-30, September.
- Frijters, Paul, 1999.
"Hiring on the Basis of Expected Productivity in a South African Clothing Firm,"
Oxford Economic Papers,
Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 345-54, April.
- Paul Frijters, 1998. "Hiring on the basis of expected productivity in a South African clothing firm," Discussion Papers Series 441, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Simon, Curtis J & Warner, John T, 1992. "Matchmaker, Matchmaker: The Effect of Old Boy Networks on Job Match Quality, Earnings, and Tenure," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(3), pages 306-30, July.
- Antoni Calvó-Armengol & Matthew O. Jackson, 2004.
"The Effects of Social Networks on Employment and Inequality,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 94(3), pages 426-454, June.
- Matt Jackson, 2003. "The Effects of Social Networks on Employment and Inequality," Theory workshop papers 658612000000000032, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Kugler, Adriana, 2002.
"Employee Referrals and Efficiency Wages,"
IZA Discussion Papers
633, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Saloner, Garth, 1985. "Old Boy Networks as Screening Mechanisms," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(3), pages 255-67, July.
- Holzer, Harry J, 1988.
"Search Method Use by Unemployed Youth,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Assaad, Ragui, 1997. "The Effects of Public Sector Hiring and Compensation Policies on the Egyptian Labor Market," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 11(1), pages 85-118, January.
- Collier, Paul & Garg, Ashish, 1999. " On Kin Groups and Wages in the Ghanaian Labour Market," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(2), pages 133-51, May.
- Michele Mosca & Francesco Pastore, 2009.
"Wage Effects of Recruitment Methods: The Case of the Italian Social Service Sector,"
AIEL Series in Labour Economics,
in: Marco Musella & Sergio Destefanis (ed.), Paid and Unpaid Labour in the Social Economy. An International Perspective, edition 1, chapter 8, pages 115-141
AIEL - Associazione Italiana Economisti del Lavoro.
- Mosca, Michele & Pastore, Francesco, 2008. "Wage Effects of Recruitment Methods: The Case of the Italian Social Service Sector," IZA Discussion Papers 3422, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Paul Oyer & Scott Schaefer, 2010.
"Personnel Economics: Hiring and Incentives,"
NBER Working Papers
15977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Linda Loury, 2006. "Job Search Among Informal Contacts," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 0604, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Berardi, Nicoletta, 2009.
"The Remains of Informality in the Formal Sector: Social Networks and Wages in Senegal's Labor Market,"
TSE Working Papers
09-129, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Nicoletta Berardi, 2013. "Social networks and wages in Senegal’s labor market," IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer, vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, December.
- Berardi, N., 2013. "Social networks and wages in Senegal’s formal sector," Working papers 429, Banque de France.
- Tumen, Semih, 2013. "Informal versus Formal Search: Which Yields a Better Pay?," MPRA Paper 50446, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yukichi Mano & Takashi Yamano & Aya Suzuki & Tomoya Matsumoto, 2011.
"Local and Personal Networks in Employment and the Development of Labor Markets:Evidence from the Cut Flower Industry in Ethiopia,"
GRIPS Discussion Papers
10-29, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- Mano, Yukichi & Yamano, Takashi & Suzuki, Aya & Matsumoto, Tomoya, 2011. "Local and Personal Networks in Employment and the Development of Labor Markets: Evidence from the Cut Flower Industry in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 1760-1770.
- Yamamura, Eiji, 2008. "The role of social capital in homogeneous society: Review of recent researches in Japan," MPRA Paper 11385, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.