Marital transfer and intra-household allocation: a Nash-bargaining analysis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 52 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1.
- Weiss, Yoram & Willis, Robert J, 1985. "Children as Collective Goods and Divorce Settlements," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(3), pages 268-92, July.
- Becker, Gary S, 1973. "A Theory of Marriage: Part I," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(4), pages 813-46, July-Aug..
- Lundberg, S. & Pollak, R.A., 1991.
"Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market,"
91-08, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Lundberg, Shelly & Pollak, Robert A, 1993. "Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(6), pages 988-1010, December.
- Lundberg, S. & Pollak, R.A., 1991. "Separate Spheres Bargaining and the Marriage Market," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 91-08, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Botticini, Maristella, 1999. "A Loveless Economy? Intergenerational Altruism and the Marriage Market in a Tuscan Town, 1415–1436," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(01), pages 104-121, March.
- Maristella Botticini & Aloysius Siow, 2000.
Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers
0200, Econometric Society.
- Maristella Botticini & Aloysius Siow, 1999. "Why Dowries?," Boston University - Institute for Economic Development 95, Boston University, Institute for Economic Development.
- Becker, Gary S & Landes, Elisabeth M & Michael, Robert T, 1977. "An Economic Analysis of Marital Instability," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 85(6), pages 1141-87, December.
- Rao, Vijayendra, 1993.
"The Rising Price of Husbands: A Hedonic Analysis of Dowry Increases in Rural India,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(4), pages 666-77, August.
- Vijayendra Rao, . "The Rising Price of Husbands: A Hedonic Analysis of Dowry Increases in Rural India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-6, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Chiappori, P.A., 1989.
"Collective Labour Supply and Welfare,"
DELTA Working Papers
89-07, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Nerlove, Marc & Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 1984. "Bequests and the Size of Population When Population Is Endogenous," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 527-31, June.
- David Lam, 1988. "Marriage Markets and Assortative Mating with Household Public Goods: Theoretical Results and Empirical Implications," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(4), pages 462-487.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Cornes, Richard C, 1983. "Independence of Allocative Efficiency from Distribution in the Theory of Public Goods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(6), pages 1753-65, November.
- Nazia Mansoor, 2011. "Marriage payments and bargaining power of women in rural Bangladesh," Studies in Economics 1119, Department of Economics, University of Kent.
- Aísa, R. & Andaluz, J. & Larramona, G., 2011.
"How does bargaining power affect remittances?,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 47-54.
- Bhattacharya, Manasi & Bedi, Arjun S. & Chhachhi, Amrita, 2009.
"Marital Violence and Women's Employment and Property Status: Evidence from North Indian Villages,"
IZA Discussion Papers
4361, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bhattacharyya, Manasi & Bedi, Arjun S. & Chhachhi, Amrita, 2011. "Marital Violence and Women's Employment and Property Status: Evidence from North Indian Villages," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 1676-1689, September.
- Schindler, Kati, 2006.
"Credit for what? Informal credit as a coping strategy of market women in northern Ghana,"
Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006
24, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Kati Schindler, 2010. "Credit for What? Informal Credit as a Coping Strategy of Market Women in Northern Ghana," The Journal of Development Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 46(2), pages 234-253.
- Kati Schindler, 2007. "Credit for What?: Informal Credit as a Coping Strategy of Market Women in Northern Ghana," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 715, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Srinivasan, S. & Bedi, A.S., 2006.
"Domestic violence and dowry: evidence from a south Indian village,"
ISS Working Papers - General Series
1765019188, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University (ISS), The Hague.
- Srinivasan, Sharada & Bedi, Arjun S., 2007. "Domestic Violence and Dowry: Evidence from a South Indian Village," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 857-880, May.
- Andaluz, Joaquín & Marcén, Miriam & Molina, José Alberto, 2007. "Income Transfers, Welfare and Family Decisions," IZA Discussion Papers 2804, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Andaluz, Joaquin & Molina, Jose Alberto, 2007. "How do altruistic parental transfers affect the welfare gains of marriage?," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 1-9, March.
- YOUM Yoosik, 2011. "A Network Approach to the Economic Models of Fertility," Discussion papers 11062, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.