Self-organization and market crashes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 49 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Johansen & D. Sornette, 1998. "Stock market crashes are outliers," The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems, Springer, vol. 1(2), pages 141-143, January.
- Gerard Weisbuch & Alan Kirman & Dorothea Herreiner, 1995.
95-11-102, Santa Fe Institute.
- B. M. Roehner & D. Sornette, 1998. "The sharp peak-flat trough pattern and critical speculation," Papers cond-mat/9802234, arXiv.org.
- Laurent Laloux & Marc Potters & Rama Cont & Jean-Pierre Aguilar & Jean-Philippe Bouchaud, 1998.
"Are Financial Crashes Predictable?,"
- V. Plerou & P. Gopikrishnan & L. A. N. Amaral & M. Meyer & H. E. Stanley, 1999. "Scaling of the distribution of price fluctuations of individual companies," Papers cond-mat/9907161, arXiv.org.
- Sornette, Didier & Johansen, Anders, 1997. "Large financial crashes," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 245(3), pages 411-422.
- Rosario N. Mantegna & H. Eugene Stanley, 1998.
"Modeling of Financial Data: Comparison of the Truncated L\'evy Flight and the ARCH(1) and GARCH(1,1) processes,"
- Mantegna, Rosario N. & Stanley, H.Eugene, 1998. "Modeling of financial data: Comparison of the truncated Lévy flight and the ARCH(1) and GARCH(1,1) processes," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 254(1), pages 77-84.
- A. Johansen & D. Sornette, 1999. "Financial ``Anti-Bubbles'': Log-Periodicity in Gold and Nikkei collapses," Papers cond-mat/9901268, arXiv.org.
- Stauffer, Dietrich & Sornette, Didier, 1999. "Self-organized percolation model for stock market fluctuations," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 271(3), pages 496-506.
- Cont, Rama & Bouchaud, Jean-Philipe, 2000. "Herd Behavior And Aggregate Fluctuations In Financial Markets," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 170-196, June.
- Derveeuw, Julien, 2005. "Market dynamics and agents behaviors: a computational approach," MPRA Paper 4916, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Siokis, Fotios M., 2012. "The dynamics of a complex system: The exchange rate crisis in Southeast Asia," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 98-101.
- Siokis, Fotios M., 2012. "Stock market dynamics: Before and after stock market crashes," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(4), pages 1315-1322.
- Lux, Thomas, 2006. "Financial power laws: Empirical evidence, models, and mechanism," Economics Working Papers 2006,12, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Thomas Lux, 2006. "Applications of Statistical Physics in Finance and Economics," Working Papers wpn06-07, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Thomas Lux, 2006. "Financial Power Laws: Empirical Evidence, Models, and Mechanism," Working Papers wpn06-08, Warwick Business School, Finance Group.
- Marco Airoldi & Vito Antonelli & Bruno Bassetti & Andrea Martinelli & Marco Picariello, 2004. "Long Range Interaction Generating Fat-Tails in Finance," GE, Growth, Math methods 0404006, EconWPA, revised 27 Apr 2004.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.