Unstable bandwagon and habit effects on labor supply
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 36 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hotz, V Joseph & Kydland, Finn E & Sedlacek, Guilherme L, 1988. "Intertemporal Preferences and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(2), pages 335-60, March.
- de Neubourg, Chris & Vendrik, Maarten, 1994. "An extended rationality model of social norms in labour supply," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 93-126, March.
- Hartog, Joop & Theeuwes, Jules, 1985. "The Emergence of the Working Wife in Holland," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages S235-55, January.
- Gary S. Becker & Kevin M. Murphy, 1986.
"A Theory of Rational Addiction,"
University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State
41, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Frank, Robert H, 1985. "The Demand for Unobservable and Other Nonpositional Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(1), pages 101-16, March.
- Romme, A. Georges L., 1990. "Projecting female labor supply: The relevance of social norm change," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 85-99, March.
- Iannaccone, Laurence R., 1989. "Bandwagons and the threat of chaos : Interpersonal effects revisited," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 431-442, May.
- Blomquist, N.S., 1991.
"Interdependent Behavio and the Effect of Taxes,"
1991f, Uppsala - Working Paper Series.
- Kim B. Clark & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984.
"Labor Force Participation: Timing and Persistence,"
NBER Working Papers
0977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clark, Kim B & Summers, Lawrence H, 1982. "Labour Force Participation: Timing and Persistence," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(5), pages 825-44, Special I.
- George A. Akerlof, 1978.
"A theory of social custom, of which unemployment may be one consequence,"
Special Studies Papers
118, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Akerlof, George A, 1980. "A Theory of Social Custom, of Which Unemployment May be One Consequence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 94(4), pages 749-75, June.
- Goyal, Sanjeev & Janssen, Maarten C. W., 1997. "Non-Exclusive Conventions and Social Coordination," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(1), pages 34-57, November.
- M. Vendrik, Maarten C., 1993. "Habits, hysteresis and catastrophes in labor supply," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 353-372, April.
- Johnson, Terry R & Pencavel, John H, 1984. "Dynamic Hours of Work Functions for Husbands, Wives, and Single Females," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 363-89, March.
- Granovetter, Mark & Soong, Roland, 1986. "Threshold models of interpersonal effects in consumer demand," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 83-99, March.
- Phlips, Louis, 1978. "The Demand for Leisure and Money," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 46(5), pages 1025-43, September.
- Franz, Wolfgang, 1990. "Hysteresis in Economic Relationships: An Overview," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 109-25.
- van der Klaauw, Wilbert, 1996.
"Female Labour Supply and Marital Status Decisions: A Life-Cycle Model,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(2), pages 199-235, April.
- Van Der Klaauw, W., 1993. "Female Labor Supply and Marital Status Decisions: A Life Cycle Model," Working Papers 93-23, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Jan Dirk Vlasblom & Joop J. Schippers, 2003. "The dynamics of female employment around childbirth," Working Papers 03-10, Utrecht School of Economics.
- bruno amable & jerome henry & frederic lordon & richard topol, 2005. "Complex Remanence vs. Simple Persistence: Are Hysteresis and Unit-Root Processes observationally equivalent?," Computational Economics 0501001, EconWPA.
- Dohmen Thomas & Falk Armin & Huffman David & Felix Marklein & Sunde Uwe, 2009.
"The Non-Use of Bayes Rule: Representative Evidence on Bounded Rationality,"
001, Maastricht : ROA, Research Centre for Education and the Labour Market.
- Dohmen Thomas & Falk Armin & Huffman David & Marklein Felix & Sunde Uwe, 2009. "The Non-Use of Bayes Rule: Representative Evidence on Bounded Rationality," Research Memoranda 038, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Vendrik, Maarten C. M., 2003. "Dynamics of a household norm in female labour supply," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 823-841, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.