Structure, organizational behavior, and technical efficiency: The case of an Indian industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 34 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M., 1990. "Recent developments in DEA : The mathematical programming approach to frontier analysis," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 7-38.
- Leibenstein, Harvey & Maital, Shlomo, 1992. "Empirical Estimation and Partitioning of X-Inefficiency: A Data-Envelopment Approach," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(2), pages 428-33, May.
- Schmalensee, Richard., 1987.
"Inter-industry studies of structure and performance,"
1874-87., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Schmalensee, Richard, 1989. "Inter-industry studies of structure and performance," Handbook of Industrial Organization, in: R. Schmalensee & R. Willig (ed.), Handbook of Industrial Organization, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 951-1009 Elsevier.
- Ferrantino, Michael J, 1992. "Technology Expenditures, Factor Intensity, and Efficiency in Indian Manufacturing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 74(4), pages 689-700, November.
- Oliver E. Williamson, 1967. "Hierarchical Control and Optimum Firm Size," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 123.
- Richmond, J, 1974. "Estimating the Efficiency of Production," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 15(2), pages 515-21, June.
- Bruton, Henry, 1989. "Import substitution," Handbook of Development Economics, in: Hollis Chenery & T.N. Srinivasan (ed.), Handbook of Development Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 30, pages 1601-1644 Elsevier.
- Caves, R E & Porter, M E, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-61, May.
- Patibandla, Murali, 2001. "Equity Pattern, Corporate Governance and Performance: A Study of India’s Corporate Sector," Working Papers 9-2001, Copenhagen Business School, Department of International Economics and Management.
- Patibandla, Murali & Chandra, Pankaj, 1998. "Organizational practices and employee performance: the case of the Canadian primary textile industry," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 431-442, December.
- Patibandla, Murali & Petersen, Bent, 2004. ""Role of Transnational Corporations in the Evolution of a High-Tech Industry: The Case of India's Software Industry"--A Reply," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 561-566, March.
- Sánchez, Rosario/R & Diaz, M. Angeles, 2013.
"Are large innovative firms more efficient?,"
44592, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rosario SÁNCHEZ-PÉREZ & M. Ángeles DÍAZ-MAYANS, 2013. "Are Large Innovative Firms More Efficient?," Theoretical and Practical Research in Economic Fields, ASERS Publishing, vol. 0(1), pages 89-96, July.
- Patibandla, Murali & Phani, B.V., 2001. "Market Reforms and Industrial Productivity: An Explanation," Working Papers 2-2001, Copenhagen Business School, Department of International Economics and Management.
- Diaz-Mayans, M.Angeles & Sánchez, Rosario/R, 2014. "Innovation, exports and technical efficiency in Spain," MPRA Paper 53230, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erik Lehmann & Jürgen Weigand & Susanne Warning, 2004. "Governance Structures, Efficiency, and Firm Profitability," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-22, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.