A framework for understanding differences in labor turnover and human capital investment
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 28 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hart, Oliver D. & Moore, John, 1990.
"Property Rights and the Nature of the Firm,"
3448675, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu & Bentley MacLeod, W., 1989.
"Optimal labor contracts with non-contractible human capital,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 385-402, December.
- Kanemoto, Y. & Macleod, B., 1989. "Optimal Labor Contracts With Non-Contractible Human Capital," UFAE and IAE Working Papers 116-89, Unitat de Fonaments de l'Anàlisi Econòmica (UAB) and Institut d'Anàlisi Econòmica (CSIC).
- Mincer, Jacob & Higuchi, Yoshio, 1988. "Wage structures and labor turnover in the United States and Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 97-133, June.
- Gibbons, R. & Katz, L.F., 1989.
"Layoffs And Lemons,"
531, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Bernhardt, Dan & Scoones, David, 1993.
"Promotion, Turnover, and Preemptive Wage Offers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 771-91, September.
- Michael Waldman, 1983.
"Job Assignments, Signalling nad Efficiency,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
286, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Nash, John, 1950. "The Bargaining Problem," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 18(2), pages 155-162, April.
- Hans Gersbach & Armin Schmutzler, 2002.
"A Product Market Theory of Worker Training,"
0214, University of Zurich, Socioeconomic Institute, revised Jan 2003.
- Cooper, David P., 2001. "Innovation and reciprocal externalities: information transmission via job mobility," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 403-425, August.
- Ishida, Junichiro, 2004. "Signaling and strategically delayed promotion," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(6), pages 687-700, December.
- Picchio, Matteo & van Ours, Jan C., 2011.
"Market imperfections and firm-sponsored training,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 712-722, October.
- Picchio, Matteo & van Ours, Jan C., 2010. "Market imperfections and firm-sponsored training," CEPR Discussion Papers 7881, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Matteo PICCHIO & Jan C. VAN OURS, 2010. "Market imperfections and firm-sponsored training," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2010026, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Picchio, M. & Ours, J.C. van, 2010. "Market Imperfections and Firm-Sponsored Training," Discussion Paper 2010-57, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Picchio, Matteo & van Ours, Jan C., 2010. "Market Imperfections and Firm-Sponsored Training," IZA Discussion Papers 4988, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Waldman, Michael, 2007.
"Theory and evidence in internal labor markets,"
5113, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael Waldman, 2012.
"Theory and Evidence in Internal LaborMarkets
[The Handbook of Organizational Economics]," Introductory Chapters, Princeton University Press.
- Michael Waldman, 2012. "Theory and Evidence in Internal LaborMarkets
- Hanming Fang & Alessandro Gavazza, 2007. "Dynamic Inefficiencies in Employment-Based Health Insurance System Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 13371, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gersbach, Hans & Schmutzler, Armin, 2006.
"The Effects of Globalization on Worker Training,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2403, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kessler, Anke & Lülfesmann, Christoph, 2000.
"The Theory of Human Capital Revisited: On the Interaction of General and Specific Investments,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2533, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Anke S. Kessler & Christoph Lülfesmann, 2006. "The Theory of Human Capital Revisited: on the Interaction of General and Specific Investments," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 116(514), pages 903-923, October.
- Anke S. Kessler & Christoph Lülfesmann, 2002. "The Theory of Human Capital Revisited: On the Interaction of General and Specific Investments," CESifo Working Paper Series 776, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christoph Luelfesmann, 2000. "The Theory of Human Capital Revisited: On the Interaction of General and Specific Investments," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0659, Econometric Society.
- Yijiang Wang, . "Product Market Conditions and Job Design," Working Papers 0402, Human Resources and Labor Studies, University of Minnesota (Twin Cities Campus).
- Robert Gibbons, 1997. "Incentives and Careers in Organizations," NBER Working Papers 5705, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hodaka Morita, 2005.
"Multi-skilling, Delegation and Continuous Process Improvement: A Comparative Analysis of US-Japanese Work Organizations,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 72(285), pages 69-93, 02.
- Hodaka Morita, 2002. "Multiskilling, Delegation, and Continuous Process Improvement: A Comparative Analysis of U.S.-Japanese Work Organizations," Labor and Demography 0207004, EconWPA.
- Julie Anderson Schaffner, 2001. "Turnover and Job Training in Developing and Developed Countries: Evidence from Colombia and the United States," Boston University - Department of Economics - The Institute for Economic Development Working Papers Series dp-115, Boston University - Department of Economics.
- Bala, Venkatesh & Sorger, Gerhard, 1998. "The evolution of human capital in an interacting agent economy," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 85-108, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.