Religion and economic welfare: An empirical analysis of state per capita income
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 27 (1995)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald Meng & Jim Sentance, 1984. "Religion and the Determination of Earnings: Further Results," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 17(3), pages 481-88, August.
- Ronald H. Schmidt, 1989. "Natural resources and regional growth," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Fall, pages 3-19.
- Iannaccone, Laurence R, 1992. "Sacrifice and Stigma: Reducing Free-Riding in Cults, Communes, and Other Collectives," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(2), pages 271-91, April.
- Azzi, Corry & Ehrenberg, Ronald G, 1975. "Household Allocation of Time and Church Attendance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 83(1), pages 27-56, February.
- Barry R. Chiswick, 1983. "The Earnings and Human Capital of American Jews," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 18(3), pages 313-336.
- Nigel Tomes, 1983. "Religion and the Rate of Return on Human Capital: Evidence from Canada," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(1), pages 122-38, February.
- Ekelund, Robert B, Jr & Hebert, Robert F & Tollison, Robert D, 1989. "An Economic Model of the Medieval Church: Usury as a Form of Rent Seeking," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 307-31, Fall.
- Tomes, Nigel, 1985. "Religion and the Earnings Function," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 245-50, May.
- repec:hoo:wpaper:e-89-29 is not listed on IDEAS
- Esa Mangeloja, 2005. "Economic growth and religious production efficiency," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(20), pages 2349-2359.
- Anja Koebrich Leon, 2013. "Religion and Economic Outcomes – Household Savings Behavior in the USA," Working Paper Series in Economics 268, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Esa Mangeloja, 2004. "Economic Growth and Religious Production Efficiency," DEGIT Conference Papers c009_040, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Don Webber & Martin Freke, 2003.
"Church Organists:Analysing their Willingness to Play,"
0309, Department of Accounting, Economics and Finance, Bristol Business School, University of the West of England, Bristol.
- Webber, Don J. & Freke, Martin, 2006. "Church organists: Analysing their willingness to play," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 854-867, October.
- Rietveld, C.A. & van Burg, E., 2013. "Religious beliefs and entrepreneurship among Dutch protestants," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2013-015-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Rupasingha, Anil & Chilton, John b., 2009. "Religious adherence and county economic growth in the US," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 72(1), pages 438-450, October.
- Ahmed, Ali M. & Salas, Osvaldo, 2008. "Is The Hand Of God Involved In Human Cooperation?An Experimental Examination Of The Supernatural Punishment Theory," CAFO Working Papers 2008:1, Centre for Labour Market Policy Research (CAFO), School of Business and Economics, Linnaeus University.
- Lipford, Jody W. & Tollison, Robert D., 2003. "Religious participation and income," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 249-260, June.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2008014 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bettendorf, L. & Dijkgraaf, E., 2010.
"Religion and income: Heterogeneity between countries,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 74(1-2), pages 12-29, May.
- L. Bettendorf & E. Dijkgraaf, 2007. "Religion and income: heterogeneity between countries," Papers on Economics of Religion 07/04, Department of Economic Theory and Economic History of the University of Granada..
- Esa Mangeloja, 2004. "Interrelationship of economic growth and regional religious properties," ERSA conference papers ersa04p94, European Regional Science Association.
- Ahmed, Ali & Salas, Osvaldo, 2008. "Is the Hand of God Involved in Human Cooperation? An Experimental Examination of the Supernatural Punishment Theory," CAFO Working Papers 2009:1, Centre for Labour Market Policy Research (CAFO), School of Business and Economics, Linnaeus University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.