The franchise life cycle and the Penrose effect
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization.
Volume (Year): 24 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jebo
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael, Steven C., 2003. "First mover advantage through franchising," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 61-80, January.
- Tan, Danchi & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2005. "The Dynamics of Japanese Firm Growth in U.S. Industries: The Penrose Effect," Working Papers 05-0121, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Francine Lafontaine & Kathryn L. Shaw, 2001.
"Targeting Managerial Control: Evidence from Franchising,"
NBER Working Papers
8416, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francine Lafontaine & Kathryn L. Shaw, 2005. "Targeting Managerial Control: Evidence from Franchising," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 36(1), pages 131-150, Spring.
- Francine Lafontaine & Joanne Oxley, 2001. "International Franchising: Evidence from US and Canadian Franchisors in Mexico," NBER Working Papers 8179, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Masayoshi Maruyama & Yu Yamashita, 2012. "Franchise Fees and Royalties: Theory and Empirical Results," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 167-189, May.
- Michael, Steven C., 2000. "The effect of organizational form on quality: the case of franchising," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 295-318, November.
- Danchi Tan, 2003. "The limits to the growth of multinational firms in a foreign market," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(8), pages 569-582.
- Maruyama, Masayoshi & Yamashita, Yu, 2010. "The logic of franchise contracts: Empirical results of Japan," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 183-192, August.
- Tan, Danchi & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2003. "Examining the Penrose Effect in an International Business Context: The Dynamics of Japanese Firm Growth in U.S. Industries," Working Papers 03-0113, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Michael, Steven C., 2002. "Can a franchise chain coordinate?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 325-341, July.
- Lowell R. Jacobsen, 2004. "Whither franchising? The case of Avis Europe PLC," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(8), pages 525-535.
- Hennessy, David A., 2003.
"Property rights, productivity, and the nature of noncontractible actions in a franchise system,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 52(4), pages 443-468, December.
- Hennessy, David A., 2003. "Property Rights, Productivity, and the Nature of Noncontractible Actions in a Franchise System," Staff General Research Papers 11750, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Benito Arru�ada, 2004. "Quality safeguards and regulation of online pharmacies," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(4), pages 329-344.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.