Incidents of police misconduct and public opinion
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Criminal Justice.
Volume (Year): 30 (2002)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jcrimjus
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Weitzer, Ronald, 2000. "White, black, or blue cops? Race and citizen assessments of police officers," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 313-324.
- Henderson, Martha L. & Cullen, Francis T. & Cao, Liqun & Browning, Sandra Lee & Kopache, Renee, 1997. "The impact of race on perceptions of criminal injustice," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 25(6), pages 447-462, November.
- White, Mervin F. & Menke, Ben A., 1982. "On assessing the mood of the public toward the police: Some conceptual issues," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 211-230.
- Jefferis, Eric S. & Kaminski, Robert J. & Holmes, Stephen & Hanley, Dena E., 1997. "The effect of a videotaped arrest on public perceptions of police use of force," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 381-395.
- Reitzel, John D. & Rice, Stephen K. & Piquero, Alex R., 2004. "Lines and shadows: Perceptions of racial profiling and the Hispanic experience," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 607-616.
- Dowler, Kenneth & Zawilski, Valerie, 2007. "Public perceptions of police misconduct and discrimination: Examining the impact of media consumption," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 193-203.
- Gau, Jacinta M. & Corsaro, Nicholas & Stewart, Eric A. & Brunson, Rod K., 2012. "Examining macro-level impacts on procedural justice and police legitimacy," Journal of Criminal Justice, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 333-343.
- Cabral, Sandro & Lazzarini, Sérgio G., 2010. "Guarding the Guardians: An Analysis of Investigations against Police," Insper Working Papers wpe_202, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.