Does culture endure, or is it malleable? Issues for entrepreneurial economic development
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 7 (1992)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaganti, Rajeswararao (Raj) S. & Watts, Allison D. & Chaganti, Radha & Zimmerman-Treichel, Monica, 2008. "Ethnic-immigrants in founding teams: Effects on prospector strategy and performance in new Internet ventures," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 113-139, January.
- Hernan G. Roxas & Val Lindsay & Nicholas Ashill & Antong Victorio, 2007. "Institutional analysis of strategic choice of micro, small, and medium enterprises : a conceptual framework," Philippine Review of Economics, University of the Philippines School of Economics and Philippine Economic Society, vol. 44(1), pages 151-186, June.
- Simoes, Nadia & Moreira, Sandrina B. & Crespo, Nuno, 2013. "Individual Determinants of Self-Employment Entry – What Do We Really Know?," MPRA Paper 48403, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hansen, John D. & Deitz, George D. & Tokman, Mert & Marino, Louis D. & Weaver, K. Mark, 2011. "Cross-national invariance of the entrepreneurial orientation scale," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 61-78, January.
- Henley, Andrew, 2014. "Is Religion Associated with Entrepreneurial Activity?," IZA Discussion Papers 8111, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Coviello, Nicole E. & McDougall, Patricia P. & Oviatt, Benjamin M., 2011. "The emergence, advance and future of international entrepreneurship research — An introduction to the special forum," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 625-631.
- Jones, Marian V. & Coviello, Nicole & Tang, Yee Kwan, 2011. "International Entrepreneurship research (1989–2009): A domain ontology and thematic analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(6), pages 632-659.
- Francisco Liñán & José Fernandez-Serrano, 2014. "National culture, entrepreneurship and economic development: different patterns across the European Union," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 685-701, April.
- Schoof, Ulrich, 2006. "Stimulating youth entrepreneurship : barriers and incentives to enterprise start-ups by young people," ILO Working Papers 388157, International Labour Organization.
- Fairchild, Gregory B., 2010. "Intergenerational ethnic enclave influences on the likelihood of being self-employed," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 290-304, May.
- Kelley, Lane & MacNab, Brent & Worthley, Reginald, 2006. "Crossvergence and cultural tendencies: A longitudinal test of the Hong Kong, Taiwan and United States banking sectors," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 67-84, March.
- Pia Arenius & Stefan Ehrstedt, 2008. "Variation in the level of activity across the stages of the entrepreneurial startup process-evidence from 35 countries," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 35(2 Year 20), pages 133-152, December.
- Oleksandr Talavera & Lin Xiong & Xiong Xiong, 2010.
"Social Capital and Access to Bank Financing: The Case of Chinese Entrepreneurs,"
University of East Anglia Applied and Financial Economics Working Paper Series
019, School of Economics, University of East Anglia, Norwich, UK..
- Oleksandr Talavera & Lin Xiong & Xiong Xiong, 2012. "Social Capital and Access to Bank Financing: The Case of Chinese Entrepreneurs," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, M.E. Sharpe, Inc., vol. 48(1), pages 55-69, January.
- Mueller, Stephen L. & Thomas, Anisya S., 2001. "Culture and entrepreneurial potential: A nine country study of locus of control and innovativeness," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 51-75, January.
- Peng, Mike W. & Lu, Yuan & Shenkar, Oded & Wang, Denis Y. L., 2001. "Treasures in the China house: a review of management and organizational research on Greater China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 95-110, May.
- Minguzzi, Antonio & Passaro, Renato, 2001. "The network of relationships between the economic environment and the entrepreneurial culture in small firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 181-207, March.
- Zhao, Liming & Aram, John D., 1995. "Networking and growth of young technology-intensive ventures in China," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 10(5), pages 349-370, September.
- María-José Pinillos & Luisa Reyes, 2011. "Relationship between individualist–collectivist culture and entrepreneurial activity: evidence from Global Entrepreneurship Monitor data," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 23-37, July.
- Li, Ji & Tan, Yali & Cai, Zhenyao & Zhu, Hong & Wang, Xinran, 2013. "Regional differences in a national culture and their effects on leadership effectiveness: A tale of two neighboring Chinese cities," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 13-19.
- Hoorn, AndrÃ© van, 2013. "Generational shifts in managerial values and the coming of a global business culture," Research Report 13012-GEM, University of Groningen, Research Institute SOM (Systems, Organisations and Management).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.