What you are is what you like--similarity biases in venture capitalists' evaluations of start-up teams
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 21 (2006)
Issue (Month): 6 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ebbers, Joris J. & Wijnberg, Nachoem M., 2012. "Nascent ventures competing for start-up capital: Matching reputations and investors," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 372-384.
- Mirjam Knockaert & Mike Wright & Bart Clarysse & Andy Lockett, 2010.
"Agency and similarity effects and the VC’s attitude towards academic spin-out investing,"
The Journal of Technology Transfer,
Springer, vol. 35(6), pages 567-584, December.
- Knockaert, M. & Clarysse, B. & Wright, M. & Lockett, A., 2008. "Agency and similarity effects and the VC's attitude towards academic spin-out investing," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2008-22, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- M. Knockaert & B. Clarysse & M. Wright & A. Lockett, 2008. "Agency and similarity effects and the VC’s attitude towards academic spin-out investing," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 08/537, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Siegrun Brink, 2009. "Bedeutung der VC-Finanzierung für die Legitimierung junger Unternehmen - Ergebnisse einer empirischen Studie," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp09010, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Achleitner, Ann-Kristin & Lutz, Eva & Mayer, Judith & Spiess-Knafl, Wolfgang, 2011. "Disentangeling gut feeling: Assessing the integrity of social entrepreneurs," CEFS Working Paper Series 2011-03, Center for Entrepreneurial and Financial Studies (CEFS), Technische Universität München.
- Timo Fischer & Gaétan de Rassenfosse, 2011. "Debt Financing of High-growth Startups," DRUID Working Papers 11-04, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- M. Knockaert & T. Vanacker, 2011. "The Association between Venture Capitalists’ Selection and Value Adding Behavior: Evidence from Early Stage High Tech Venture Capitalists," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/741, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.