Geographic cluster size and firm performance
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 21 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Deeds, David L. & Decarolis, DONA & Coombs, Joseph, 2000. "Dynamic capabilities and new product development in high technology ventures: An empirical analysis of new biotechnology firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 211-229, May.
- Florin, Juan, 2005. "Is venture capital worth it? Effects on firm performance and founder returns," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 113-135, January.
- Almeida, Paul & Kogut, Bruce, 1997. " The Exploration of Technological Diversity and the Geographic Localization of Innovation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 9(1), pages 21-31, February.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
- Jaffe, A.B. & Trajtenberg, M., 1992.
"Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations,"
14-92, Tel Aviv.
- Jaffe, Adam B & Trajtenberg, Manuel & Henderson, Rebecca, 1993. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(3), pages 577-98, August.
- Adam B. Jaffe & Manuel Trajtenberg & Rebecca Henderson, 1992. "Geographic Localization of Knowledge Spillovers as Evidenced by Patent Citations," NBER Working Papers 3993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baum, Joel A. C. & Silverman, Brian S., 2004. "Picking winners or building them? Alliance, intellectual, and human capital as selection criteria in venture financing and performance of biotechnology startups," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 411-436, May.
- Audretsch, David B & Stephan, Paula E, 1996. "Company-Scientist Locational Links: The Case of Biotechnology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 641-52, June.
- Davila, Antonio & Foster, George & Gupta, Mahendra, 2003. "Venture capital financing and the growth of startup firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 689-708, November.
- Arthur, W. Brian, 1990. "'Silicon Valley' locational clusters: when do increasing returns imply monopoly?," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 235-251, June.
- Lerner, Joshua, 1994. "Venture capitalists and the decision to go public," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 293-316, June.
- Zucker, Lynne G & Darby, Michael R & Armstrong, Jeff, 1998. "Geographically Localized Knowledge: Spillovers or Markets?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(1), pages 65-86, January.
- Venkataraman, Sankaran, 2004. "Regional transformation through technological entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 153-167, January.
- Janney, Jay J. & Folta, Timothy B., 2003. "Signaling through private equity placements and its impact on the valuation of biotechnology firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 361-380, May.
- Wennberg, Karl & Lindqvist, Göran, 2007. "How do entrepreneurs in clusters contribute to economic growth?," Working Paper Series in Business Administration 2008:3, Stockholm School of Economics.
- In Lee & Matthew Marvel, 2014. "Revisiting the entrepreneur gender–performance relationship: a firm perspective," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 42(4), pages 769-786, April.
- Vermeire, Bert & Gellynck, Xavier, 2007. "Contribution of Cluster Relations to Food Competitiveness in the EU," 2007 1st Forum, February 15-17, 2007, Innsbruck, Austria 6583, International European Forum on Innovation and System Dynamics in Food Networks.
- Albahari, Alberto & Barge-Gil, Andrés & Pérez-Canto, Salvador & Modrego-Rico, Aurelia, 2013. "The Influence of Science and Technology Park Characteristics on Firms’ Innovation Results," MPRA Paper 48829, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Karl Wennberg & Göran Lindqvist, 2010. "The effect of clusters on the survival and performance of new firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 221-241, April.
- Sonderegger, Petra & Täube, Florian, 2010. "Cluster life cycle and diaspora effects: Evidence from the Indian IT cluster in Bangalore," Journal of International Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 383-397, December.
- Chen, Chung-Jen & Hsiao, Yung-Chang, 2013. "The endogenous role of location choice in product innovations," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 48(3), pages 360-372.
- Pe'er, Aviad & Keil, Thomas, 2013. "Are all startups affected similarly by clusters? Agglomeration, competition, firm heterogeneity, and survival," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 354-372.
- Diez-Vial, Isabel, 2011. "Geographical cluster and performance: The case of Iberian ham," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 517-525, August.
- Erden, Zeynep & Klang, David & Sydler, Renato & von Krogh, Georg, 2014. "Knowledge-flows and firm performance," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(1), pages 2777-2785.
- Gilbert, Brett Anitra & McDougall, Patricia P. & Audretsch, David B., 2008. "Clusters, knowledge spillovers and new venture performance: An empirical examination," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 405-422, July.
- Read, Stuart & Song, Michael & Smit, Willem, 2009. "A meta-analytic review of effectuation and venture performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 573-587, November.
- De Silva, Dakshina G. & McComb, Robert P., 2012. "Geographic concentration and high tech firm survival," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 691-701.
- Lee, In Hyeock & Hong, Eunsuk & Sun, Laixiang, 2013. "Regional knowledge production and entrepreneurial firm creation: Spatial Dynamic Analyses," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 2106-2115.
- Libaers, Dirk & Meyer, Martin, 2011. "Highly innovative small technology firms, industrial clusters and firm internationalization," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 1426-1437.
- McCann, Brian T. & Folta, Timothy B., 2011. "Performance differentials within geographic clusters," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 104-123, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.