Lost in time: intergenerational succession, change, and failure in family business
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 18 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Morris, Michael H. & Williams, Roy O. & Allen, Jeffrey A. & Avila, Ramon A., 1997. "Correlates of success in family business transitions," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 385-401, September.
- Danny Miller, 1991. "Stale in the Saddle: CEO Tenure and the Match Between Organization and Environment," Management Science, INFORMS, INFORMS, vol. 37(1), pages 34-52, January.
- Randall K. Morck & David A. Stangeland & Bernard Yeung, 1998.
"Inherited Wealth, Corporate Control and Economic Growth: The Canadian Disease,"
NBER Working Papers
6814, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Morck & David Stangeland & Bernard Yeung, 2000. "Inherited Wealth, Corporate Control, and Economic Growth The Canadian Disease?," NBER Chapters, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, in: Concentrated Corporate Ownership, pages 319-372 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Christian Koropp & Dietmar Grichnik & André Gygax, 2013. "Succession financing in family firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 315-334, August.
- Sami Basly, 2005. "Internationalization of family firms in a knowledge-based view," Post-Print, HAL halshs-00168486, HAL.
- Cegarra-Navarro, Juan Gabriel & Wensley, Anthony K.P., 2009. "Congenital learning in the Spanish telecommunication industry," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 533-543, November.
- Pittino, Daniel & Visintin, Francesca, 2011. "The propensity toward inter-organizational cooperation in small- and medium-sized family businesses," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 57-68, June.
- Shepherd, Dean A., 2009. "Grief recovery from the loss of a family business: A multi- and meso-level theory," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 81-97, January.
- Glauben, Thomas & Tietje, Hendrik & Vogel, Stefan, 2004. "The transfer of family businesses in Northern Germany and Austria," FE Working Papers, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Food Economics and Consumption Studies 0405, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Food Economics and Consumption Studies.
- Mattias Nordqvist & Karl Wennberg & Massimo Bau’ & Karin Hellerstedt, 2013. "An entrepreneurial process perspective on succession in family firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 40(4), pages 1087-1122, May.
- Geraldine Ryan & Bernadette Power & Noreen McCarthy & Paul Braidford, 2011. "Regional Influences oBusiness Transfers within the British Isles," ERSA conference papers, European Regional Science Association ersa10p1094, European Regional Science Association.
- Amore, Mario Daniele & Minichilli, Alessandro & Corbetta, Guido, 2011. "How do managerial successions shape corporate financial policies in family firms?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 1016-1027, September.
- Magdy Noguera & Erick Paulo Cesar Chang, 2014. "Socio Emotional Wealth Preservation in the REIT Industry: An Exploratory Study," International Journal of Financial Studies, MDPI, Open Access Journal, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(3), pages 220-239, July.
- Weismeier-Sammer, Daniela, 2011. "Entrepreneurial behavior in family firms: A replication study," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 128-138.
- Steier, Lloyd P. & Miller, Danny, 2010. "Pre- and post-succession governance philosophies in entrepreneurial family firms," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 1(3), pages 145-154, September.
- Sami Basly, 2006. "Propriete, Decision Et Strategie De L'Entreprise Familiale : Une Analyse Theorique," Post-Print, HAL halshs-00192818, HAL.
- Casillas, José C. & Moreno, Ana M. & Barbero, José L., 2011. "Entrepreneurial orientation of family firms: Family and environmental dimensions," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 90-100, June.
- Andrea GANZAROLI & Gianluca FISCATO & Luciano PILOTTI, 2006. "Does business succession enhance firms? innovation capacity? Results from an exploratory analysis in Italian SMEs," Departmental Working Papers, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at UniversitÃ degli Studi di Milano 2006-29, Department of Economics, Management and Quantitative Methods at Università degli Studi di Milano.
- Block, J.H. & Thurik, A.R. & van der Zwan, P.W. & Walter, S., 2010. "Business Takeover or New Venture? Individual and Environmental Determinants from a Cross-Country Study," ERIM Report Series Research in Management, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasm ERS-2010-042-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Block, Joern H., 2012. "R&D investments in family and founder firms: An agency perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 248-265.
- Andrea Calabrò & Donata Mussolino, 2013. "How do boards of directors contribute to family SME export intensity? The role of formal and informal governance mechanisms," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 363-403, May.
- Sami Basly, 2007. "Organizational Learning and Knowledge DevelopmentPeculiarities in Small and Medium Family Enterprises," Post-Print, HAL halshs-00192809, HAL.
- Simon, Alexandra & Marquès, Pilar & Bikfalvi, Andrea & Dolors Muñoz, M., 2012. "Exploring value differences across family firms: The influence of choosing and managing complexity," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 132-146.
- De Massis, Alfredo & Kotlar, Josip, 2014. "The case study method in family business research: Guidelines for qualitative scholarship," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 15-29.
- Chrisman, James J. & Chua, Jess H. & Steier, Lloyd P., 2003. "An introduction to theories of family business," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 441-448, July.
- Olga Å tangej & Vida Å kudienÄ—, 2013. "Family Business Transgenerational Continuity In Transition Economies: Towards A Conceptual Model," Organizations and Markets in Emerging Economies, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, Faculty of Economics, Vilnius University, vol. 4(2).
- Zahra, Shaker A. & Neubaum, Donald O. & Larraneta, Barbara, 2007. "Knowledge sharing and technological capabilities: The moderating role of family involvement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 60(10), pages 1070-1079, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.