Reliance upon informants in the venture capital industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Venturing.
Volume (Year): 10 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusvent
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bygrave, William D., 1988. "The structure of the investment networks of venture capital firms," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 137-157.
- Armen A. Alchian & Harold Demsetz, 1971.
"Production, Information Costs and Economic Organizations,"
UCLA Economics Working Papers
10A, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Alchian, Armen A & Demsetz, Harold, 1972. "Production , Information Costs, and Economic Organization," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(5), pages 777-95, December.
- Bygrave, William D., 1987. "Syndicated investments by venture capital firms: A networking perspective," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 139-154.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213.
- Haar, Nancy E. & Starr, Jennifer & MacMillan, Ian C., 1988. "Informal risk capital investors: Investment patterns on the East Coast of the U.S.A," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 11-29.
- Caves, R E & Porter, M E, 1977. "From Entry Barriers to Mobility Barriers: Conjectural Decisions and Contrived Deterrence to New Competition," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 91(2), pages 241-61, May.
- Fiet, James O. & Busenitz, Lowell W. & Moesel, Douglas D. & Barney, Jay B., 1997. "Complementary theoretical perspectives on the dismissal of new venture team members," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 12(5), pages 347-366, September.
- Lu, Qing & Hwang, Peter & Wang, Clement K., 2006. "Agency risk control through reprisal," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 369-384, May.
- Wright, Mike & Lockett, Andy & Clarysse, Bart & Binks, Martin, 2006. "University spin-out companies and venture capital," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 481-501, May.
- Fiet, James O., 2001. "The theoretical side of teaching entrepreneurship," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 1-24, January.
- Shepherd, Dean A. & Armstrong, Michael J. & Levesque, Moren, 2005. "Allocation of attention within venture capital firms," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 163(2), pages 545-564, June.
- Lowell W. Busenitz & James O. Fiet, 1996. "The Effects of Early Stage Venture Capitalist Actions on Eventual Venture Disposition," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 5(2), pages 97-114 , Summer.
- Carola Jungwirth & Petra Moog, 2004. "Closing the gap or enlarging the pool: How venture capitalist differ in their syndication motives," Working Papers 0023, University of Zurich, Institute for Strategy and Business Economics (ISU).
- Gavin C. Reid, 2002. "Investor Conduct Towards New High Technology Firms: UK Evidence on How Risk is Managed," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 0206, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Jack, Sarah L., 2010. "Approaches to studying networks: Implications and outcomes," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 120-137, January.
- Peter Kelly & Michael Hay, 1996. "Serial Investors and Early Stage Finance," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 5(2), pages 159-74 , Summer.
- Jeffrey E. Sohl, 2006. "Angel Investing: Changing Strategies During Volatile Times," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 11(2), pages 27-48, Summer.
- Joël Ludvigsen, 2009. "Decision time in Belgium: an experiment as to how business angels evaluate investment opportunities," Working Papers CEB 09-037.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gavin C Reid & Julia A Smith, 1999. "Accounting for Risk: developing a new research agenda for risk appraisal in high-technology ventures," CRIEFF Discussion Papers 9915, Centre for Research into Industry, Enterprise, Finance and the Firm.
- Heukamp, Franz & Liechtenstein, Heinrich & Wakeling, Nick, 2006. "Do business angels alter the risk-return equation in early stage investments? Business angels as seen by venture capitalists in the German speaking countries," IESE Research Papers D/655, IESE Business School.
- Steier, Lloyd, 2003. "Variants of agency contracts in family-financed ventures as a continuum of familial altruistic and market rationalities," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 597-618, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.