Hedonic vs. utilitarian consumption: A cross-cultural perspective based on cultural conditioning
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 61 (2008)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Aaker, Jennifer & Benet-Martinez, Veronica & Garolera, Jordi, 2001. "Consumption Symbols as Carriers of Culture: A Study of Japanese and Spanish Brand Personality Constructs," Research Papers 1668r, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Pollay, Richard W. & Tse, David K. & Wang, Zheng-Yuan, 1990. "Advertising, propaganda, and value change in economic development : The new cultural revolution in China and attitudes toward advertising," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 83-95, March.
- Meyers-Levy, Joan & Tybout, Alice M, 1989. " Schema Congruity as a Basis for Product Evaluation," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 39-54, June.
- Tse, David K & Belk, Russell W & Zhou, Nan, 1989. " Becoming a Consumer Society: A Longitudinal and Cross-cultural Content Analysis of Print Ads from Hong Kong, the People's Republic of China, and Taiwan," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(4), pages 457-72, March.
- Heckler, Susan E & Childers, Terry L, 1992. " The Role of Expectancy and Relevancy in Memory for Verbal and Visual Information: What Is Incongruency?," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(4), pages 475-92, March.
- Mano, Haim & Oliver, Richard L, 1993. " Assessing the Dimensionality and Structure of the Consumption Experience: Evaluation, Feeling, and Satisfaction," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(3), pages 451-66, December.
- McCracken, Grant, 1986. " Culture and Consumption: A Theoretical Account of the Structure and Movement of the Cultural Meaning of Consumer Goods," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 71-84, June.
- Veeck, Ann & Burns, Alvin C., 2005. "Changing tastes: the adoption of new food choices in post-reform China," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(5), pages 644-652, May.
- Wei, Yujie & Donthu, Naveen & Bernhardt, Kenneth L., 2013. "Effects of cognitive age, dispositional time perceptions, and time view manipulations on product attribute evaluations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2171-2177.
- Kastanakis, Minas N. & Voyer, Benjamin G., 2014. "The effect of culture on perception and cognition: A conceptual framework," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 425-433.
- Nora Lado & Fabrizio Cesaroni & Alberto Maydeu Olivares & Han Chiang Ho, 2011. "Understanding the role of attitude components in co-branding: an application to high-tech, luxury co-branded products," Business Economics Working Papers id-11-01, Universidad Carlos III, Instituto sobre Desarrollo Empresarial "Carmen Vidal Ballester".
- Martin Eisend & Nicola Stokburger-Sauer, 2013. "Brand personality: A meta-analytic review of antecedents and consequences," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 205-216, September.
- Inés López López & Salvador Ruiz de Maya, 2012. "When hedonic products help regulate my mood," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 701-717, September.
- Geuens, Maggie & De Pelsmacker, Patrick & Faseur, Tine, 2011. "Emotional advertising: Revisiting the role of product category," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(4), pages 418-426, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.