Hope and self-regulatory goals applied to an advertising context: Promoting prevention stimulates goal-directed behavior
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 61 (2008)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pham, Michel Tuan & Avnet, Tamar, 2004. " Ideals and Oughts and the Reliance on Affect versus Substance in Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(4), pages 503-18, March.
- Maria J. Louro & Rik Pieters & Marcel Zeelenberg, 2005. "Negative Returns on Positive Emotions: The Influence of Pride and Self-Regulatory Goals on Repurchase Decisions," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(4), pages 833-840, 03.
- Gustavo de Mello & Deborah J. MacInnis & David W. Stewart, 2007. "Threats to Hope: Effects on Reasoning about Product Information," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 34(2), pages 153-161, 06.
- Louro, M.J.S. & Pieters, R. & Zeelenberg, M., 2005. "Negative returns on positive emotions: The influence of pride and self-regulatory goals on repurchase decisions," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-148718, Tilburg University.
- Bougie, J.R.G. & Pieters, R. & Zeelenberg, M., 2003. "Angry customers don't come back, they get back: The experience and behavioral implications of anger and dissatisfaction in services," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-123756, Tilburg University.
- Crowe, Ellen & Higgins, E. Tory, 1997. "Regulatory Focus and Strategic Inclinations: Promotion and Prevention in Decision-Making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 117-132, February.
- Zeelenberg, M. & Pieters, R., 1999. "On service delivery that might have been: Behavioral responses to disappointment and regret," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-80654, Tilburg University.
- Aaker, Jennifer L. & Lee, Angela Y., 2006. "Understanding Regulatory Fit," Research Papers 1910, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Pieters, R. & Baumgartner, H. & Allen, D., 1995. "A means-end chain approach to consumers' goal structures," Open Access publications from Tilburg University urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-378581, Tilburg University.
- Chatterjee, Subimal & Malshe, Ashwin Vinod & Heath, Timothy B., 2010. "The effect of mixed versus blocked sequencing of promotion and prevention features on brand evaluation: The moderating role of regulatory focus," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1290-1294, December.
- Bu, Kyunghee & Kim, Donghoon & Son, Jungmin, 2013. "Is the culture–emotion fit always important?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 983-988.
- Ho, Shu-Hsun & Putthiwanit, Chutinon & Lin, Chia-Yin, 2011. "May I continue or should I stop? the effects of regulatory focus and message framings on video game players’ self-control," MPRA Paper 33544, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.