Family business performance: The effects of gender and management
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 60 (2007)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Habbershon, Timothy G. & Williams, Mary & MacMillan, Ian C., 2003. "A unified systems perspective of family firm performance," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 451-465, July.
- Watson, John & Robinson, Sherry, 2003. "Adjusting for risk in comparing the performances of male- and female-controlled SMEs," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 773-788, November.
- Winter, Mary & Danes, Sharon M. & Koh, Sun-Kang & Fredericks, Kelly & Paul, Jennifer J., 2004. "Tracking family businesses and their owners over time: panel attrition, manager departure and business demise," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 535-559, July.
- Olson, Patricia D. & Zuiker, Virginia S. & Danes, Sharon M. & Stafford, Kathryn & Heck, Ramona K. Z. & Duncan, Karen A., 2003. "The impact of the family and the business on family business sustainability," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 639-666, September.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Du Rietz, Anita, 1999.
"Testing the Female Underperformance Hypothesis,"
Working Paper Series, Research Institute of Industrial Economics
521, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- chell Elizabeth & susan baines, 1998. "Does gender affect business â€˜performanceâ€™? A study of microbusinesses in business services in the UK," Entrepreneurship & Regional Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 117-135, January.
- Rosario VÃ¡zquez-Carrasco & Ma. LÃ³pez-PÃ©rez & Edgar Centeno, 2012. "A qualitative approach to the challenges for women in management: are they really starting in the 21st century?," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, Springer, vol. 46(5), pages 1337-1357, August.
- Stafford, Kathryn & Danes, Sharon M. & Haynes, George W., 2013. "Long-term family firm survival and growth considering owning family adaptive capacity and federal disaster assistance receipt," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 188-200.
- Basco, Rodrigo, 2013. "The family's effect on family firm performance: A model testing the demographic and essence approaches," Journal of Family Business Strategy, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 42-66.
- Kathryn Stafford & Vibha Bhargava & Sharon Danes & George Haynes & Katherine Brewton, 2010. "Factors Associated with Long-Term Survival of Family Businesses: Duration Analysis," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 442-457, December.
- Esa Storhammar & Timo Tohmo, 2011. "Innovation activity in the SMEs and local environment," ERSA conference papers ersa10p240, European Regional Science Association.
- Yoon Lee & Cynthia Jasper & Margaret Fitzgerald, 2010. "Gender Differences in Perceived Business Success and Profit Growth Among Family Business Managers," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, Springer, vol. 31(4), pages 458-474, December.
- Marshall, Maria I. & Peake, Whitney O., 2013. "Womenâ€™s Management Strategies and Growth in Rural Female-Owned Family Businesses," 2014 Allied Social Science Association (ASSA) Annual Meeting, January 3-5, 2014, Philadelphia, PA, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association 161658, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Sophie Brana, 2010.
"Microcredit: an answer to the gender problem in funding?,"
Larefi Working Papers, Larefi, UniversitÃ© Bordeaux 4
1008, Larefi, UniversitÃ© Bordeaux 4.
- S. Brana, 2013. "Microcredit: an answer to the gender problem in funding?," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 87-100, January.
- Sophie Brana, 2008. "Microcredit: an answer to the gender problem in funding?," Working Papers hal-00740098, HAL.
- Alonso-Almeida, MarÃa del Mar, 2013. "Influence of gender and financing on tourist company growth," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 66(5), pages 621-631.
- Kim, Y. & Gao, F.Y., 2013. "Does family involvement increase business performance? Family-longevity goalsâ€™ moderating role in Chinese family firms," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 265-274.
- Natalia Silas & Ciprian Sipos & Calin Silas, 2013. "Study Regarding The Successful Management Practice And The Changes In Management Approach Due To Financial Crisis," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 2, pages 241-252, April.
- Carlos Benavides-Velasco & Cristina Quintana-GarcÃa & Vanesa GuzmÃ¡n-Parra, 2013. "Trends in family business research," Small Business Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 41-57, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.