Family ties, interlocking directors and performance of business groups in emerging countries: The case of Chile
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 59 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ronald C. Anderson & David M. Reeb, 2003. "Founding-Family Ownership and Firm Performance: Evidence from the S&P 500," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 1301-1327, 06.
- Zingales, Luigi, 2000.
"In Search of New Foundations,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2551, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Leff, Nathaniel H, 1978. "Industrial Organization and Entrepreneurship in the Developing Countries: The Economic Groups," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(4), pages 661-75, July.
- Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W, 1997.
" A Survey of Corporate Governance,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 737-83, June.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1995. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1741, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1996. "A Survey of Corporate Governance," NBER Working Papers 5554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fernando Lefort & Eduardo Walker, 2000. "Ownership And Capital Structure Of Chilean Conglomerates:Facts And Hypotheses For Governance," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 3(1), pages 3-27.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- McConnell, John J. & Servaes, Henri, 1990. "Additional evidence on equity ownership and corporate value," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 595-612, October.
- Xiaonian Xu & Yan Wang, 1997. "Ownership structure, corporate governance, and corporate performance : the case of Chinese stock companies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1794, The World Bank.
- Lucian Arye Bebchuk, 1999. "A Rent-Protection Theory of Corporate Ownership and Control," NBER Working Papers 7203, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 293-315, January.
- Wendy Carlin & Colin Mayer, 2002.
"International Evidence on Corporate Governance: Lessons for Developing Countries,"
Journal of African Economies,
Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 11(suppl_1), pages 37-59, February.
- Wendy Carlin & Colin Mayer, 2000. "International Evidence On Corporate Governance: Lessons For Developing Countries," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 2(2), pages 133-160.
- Nicolás Majluf & Nureya Abarca & Darío Rodríguez & Luis Arturo Fuentes, 1998. "Governance And Ownership Structure In Chilean Economic Groups," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 1(1), pages 111-139.
- Stijn Claessens & Simeon Djankov & Leora Klapper1, 2000. "The Role And Functioning Of Business Groups In East Asia And Chile," Abante, Escuela de Administracion. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 3(1), pages 91 -107.
- Claessens, Stijn & Djankov, Simeon & Joseph P. H. Fan & Lang, Larry H. P., 1999. "Corporate diversification in East Asia : the role of ultimate ownership and group affiliation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2089, The World Bank.
- Burkart, Mike & Gromb, Denis & Panunzi, Fausto, 1997. "Large Shareholders, Monitoring, and the Value of the Firm," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 112(3), pages 693-728, August.
- Demsetz, Harold & Lehn, Kenneth, 1985. "The Structure of Corporate Ownership: Causes and Consequences," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 93(6), pages 1155-77, December.
- George, Rejie & Kabir, Rezaul, 2008.
"Business groups and profit redistribution: A boon or bane for firms?,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 1004-1014, September.
- George, R. & Kabir, M.R. & Douma, S.W., 2004. "Business Groups and Profit Redistribution: A Boon or Bane for Firms," Discussion Paper 2004-124, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Wenyi Chu, 2011. "Family ownership and firm performance: Influence of family management, family control, and firm size," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(4), pages 833-851, December.
- Céspedes, Jacelly & González, Maximiliano & Molina, Carlos A., 2010. "Ownership and capital structure in Latin America," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 248-254, March.
- Singh, Manohar & Nejadmalayeri, Ali & Mathur, Ike, 2007. "Performance impact of business group affiliation: An analysis of the diversification-performance link in a developing economy," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 339-347, April.
- Lefort, Fernando & Urzúa, Francisco, 2008. "Board independence, firm performance and ownership concentration: Evidence from Chile," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(6), pages 615-622, June.
- Mohammed Belal UDDIN, 2012. "Interfirm Cooperation And Information Sharing Through Interlocking Directorates," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 0(2), pages 205-214, November.
- Domenico Scalera & Alberto Zazzaro, 2009. "Do Inter-Firm Networks Make Access to Finance Easier? Issues and Empirical Evidence," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 25, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Wenyi Chu, 2009. "The influence of family ownership on SME performance: evidence from public firms in Taiwan," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 353-373, October.
- George, Rejie & Kabir, Rezaul, 2012. "Heterogeneity in business groups and the corporate diversification–firm performance relationship," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 412-420.
- Mingfang Li & Kannan Ramaswamy & Barbara Pécherot Petitt, 2006. "Business groups and market failures: A focus on vertical and horizontal strategies," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 439-452, December.
- Santiago-Castro, Marisela & Brown, Cynthia J., 2007. "Ownership structure and minority rights: A Latin American view," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 430-442.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.