Market signals and relative preference: the moderating effects of conflicting information, decision focus, and need for cognition
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 58 (2005)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Birger Wernerfelt, 1988. "Umbrella Branding as a Signal of New Product Quality: An Example of Signalling by Posting a Bond," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 19(3), pages 458-466, Autumn.
- Rao, Akshay R & Bergen, Mark E, 1992. " Price Premium Variations as a Consequence of Buyers' Lack of Information," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(3), pages 412-23, December.
- Inman, J Jeffrey & McAlister, Leigh & Hoyer, Wayne D, 1990. " Promotion Signal: Proxy for a Price Cut?," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 74-81, June.
- Ippolito, Pauline M, 1990. "Bonding and Nonbonding Signals of Product Quality," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(1), pages 41-60, January.
- Aaker, Jennifer L & Lee, Angela Y, 2001. " "I" Seek Pleasures and "We" Avoid Pains: The Role of Self-Regulatory Goals in Information Processing and Persuasion," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 28(1), pages 33-49, June.
- Akerlof, George A, 1970. "The Market for 'Lemons': Quality Uncertainty and the Market Mechanism," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 488-500, August.
- Kihlstrom, Richard E & Riordan, Michael H, 1984. "Advertising as a Signal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(3), pages 427-50, June.
- Inman, J Jeffrey & Peter, Anil C & Raghubir, Priya, 1997. " Framing the Deal: The Role of Restrictions in Accentuating Deal Value," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 24(1), pages 68-79, June.
- Bloom, Paul N. & Reve, Torger, 1990. "Transmitting signals to consumers for competitive advantage," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 58-66.
- Bailey, James R., 1997. "Need for cognition and response mode in the active construction of an information domain," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 69-85, February.
- Price, Lydia J. & Dawar, Niraj, 2002. "The joint effects of brands and warranties in signaling new product quality," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 165-190, April.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Nicolau, Juan Luis & Sellers, Ricardo, 2010. "The quality of quality awards: Diminishing information asymmetries in a hotel chain," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(8), pages 832-839, August.
- Chatterjee, Subimal & Malshe, Ashwin Vinod & Heath, Timothy B., 2010. "The effect of mixed versus blocked sequencing of promotion and prevention features on brand evaluation: The moderating role of regulatory focus," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(12), pages 1290-1294, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.