The role of institutional ownership in the market for auditing services: an empirical investigation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 57 (2004)
Issue (Month): 9 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Perry, Susan E. & Williams, Thomas H., 1994. "Earnings management preceding management buyout offers," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 157-179, September.
- Wahal, Sunil, 1996. "Pension Fund Activism and Firm Performance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge University Press, vol. 31(01), pages 1-23, March.
- Craswell, Allen T. & Francis, Jere R. & Taylor, Stephen L., 1995. "Auditor brand name reputations and industry specializations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 297-322, December.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- McConnell, John J. & Servaes, Henri, 1990. "Additional evidence on equity ownership and corporate value," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 595-612, October.
- Diamond, Douglas W & Verrecchia, Robert E, 1991. " Disclosure, Liquidity, and the Cost of Capital," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1325-59, September.
- DeAngelo, Linda Elizabeth, 1981. "Auditor size and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 183-199, December.
- Tung-Hao Lee & Jiun-Kai Huang, 2013. "Financial Liberalization, Foreign Ownership and Corporate Operational Efficiency: The Case of Taiwan Market," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 3, pages 34-47, August.
- Mitra, Santanu & Hossain, Mahmud, 2007. "Ownership composition and non-audit service fees," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 348-356, April.
- Azhaar Lajmi & MarjÃ¨ne Gana, 2011. "Structure de PropriÃ©tÃ© et QualitÃ© de l'Audit Externe : Cas des Entreprises Belges CotÃ©es," Post-Print hal-00650542, HAL.
- Brown Jr., William D. & Fernando, Guy D., 2011. "Whisper forecasts of earnings per share: Is anyone still listening?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 476-482, May.
- Chee Lim & David Ding & Charlie Charoenwong, 2013. "Non-audit fees, institutional monitoring, and audit quality," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 343-384, August.
- Effiezal Aswadi Abdul Wahab & Mazlina Mat Zain & Kieran James & Hasnah Haron, 2009. "Institutional investors, political connection and audit quality in Malaysia," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 22(2), pages 167-195, September.
- Jamel Azibi & Hubert Tondeur & Mohamed Tahar Rajhi, 2010. "Auditor Choice And Intitutionnel Investor Characteristics After The Enron Scandal In The French Context," Post-Print hal-00481076, HAL.
- Constantinos Chalevas & Christos Tzovas, 2010. "The effect of the mandatory adoption of corporate governance mechanisms on earnings manipulation, management effectiveness and firm financing: Evidence from Greece," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 36(3), pages 257-277, March.
- Shin, Jongtae & Shin, Hyun, 2013. "Institutional ownership and technological relatedness: A test of endogeneity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2279-2286.
- Effiezal Aswadi Abdul Wahab & Mazlina Mat Zain & Kieran James, 2011. "Political connections, corporate governance and audit fees in Malaysia," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(5), pages 393-418, May.
- Timothy Fogarty & Michel Magnan & Garen Markarian & Serge Bohdjalian, 2009. "Inside Agency: The Rise and Fall of Nortel," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, Springer, vol. 84(2), pages 165-187, January.
- Santanu Mitra & Mahmud Hossain & Barry R. Marks, 2012. "Corporate ownership characteristics and timeliness of remediation of internal control weaknesses," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 27(9), pages 846-877.
- Hadani, Michael, 2012. "Institutional ownership monitoring and corporate political activity: Governance implications," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 65(7), pages 944-950.
- Pascal Dumontier & Sonda Chtourou & Soumaya Ayedi, 2006. "La qualitÃ© de l'audit externe et les mÃ©canismes de gouvernance des entreprises : Une Ã©tude empirique menÃ©e dans le contexte tunisien," Post-Print halshs-00548115, HAL.
- Ismail Adelopo & Kumba Jallow & Peter Scott, 2012. "Multiple large ownership structure, audit committee activity and audit fees: Evidence from the UK," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(2), pages 100-121.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.