Understanding competence-based management: Identifying and managing five modes of competence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 57 (2004)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jay B. Barney, 1986. "Strategic Factor Markets: Expectations, Luck, and Business Strategy," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 32(10), pages 1231-1241, October.
- Sanchez, Ron, 1996. "Strategic product creation: Managing new interactions of technology, markets, and organizations," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 121-138, April.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and Sustainability of Competitive Advantage," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1504-1511, December.
- Ingemar Dierickx & Karel Cool, 1989. "Asset Stock Accumulation and the Sustainability of Competitive Advantage: Reply," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 35(12), pages 1514-1514, December.
- Sanchez, Ron & Heene, Aimé, 1997. "Reinventing strategic management: New theory and practice for competence-based competition," European Management Journal, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 303-317, June.
- Slowak, André P., 2009. "Market fields structure & dynamics in industrial automation," FZID Discussion Papers 02-2009, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Chih-Hung Wu & Wen-Chang Fang, 2011. "Combining the Fuzzy Analytic Hierarchy Process and the fuzzy Delphi method for developing critical competences of electronic commerce professional managers," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 751-768, June.
- Pierre Barbaroux & Cécile Godé-Sanchez, 2007. "Acquiring core capabilities through organizational learning: Illustrations from the U.S. military organizations," Post-Print hal-00293534, HAL.
- Sluyts K. & Martens R. & Matthyssens P., 2008. "Towards a Dynamic Concept of Alliance Capability," Working Papers 2008019, University of Antwerp, Faculty of Applied Economics.
- Frédéric MAZAUD (LEREPS-GRES) & Marie LAGASSE (AIRBUS-FRANCE), 2007. "Vertical sub-contracting relationships strategy, the Airbus First-tier suppliers\' coordination," Cahiers du GRES 2007-02, Groupement de Recherches Economiques et Sociales.
- Kwee, Z. & Bosch, F.A.J. van den & Volberda, H.W., 2007. "Coevolutionary Competence in the Realm of Corporate Longevity: How Long-lived Firms Strategically Renew Themselves," Research Paper ERS-2007-076-STR, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus Uni.
- Roberts, Nicholas & Grover, Varun, 2012. "Investigating firm's customer agility and firm performance: The importance of aligning sense and respond capabilities," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(5), pages 579-585.
- Ljungquist, Urban, 2012. "New Dimensions Added for Enhanced Core Competence Application," CSIR Working Paper Series 2012/03, Center for Strategic Innovation Research, Blekinge Institute of Technology.
- Sanchez, Ron & Mahoney, Joseph T., 2012. "Modularity and Economic Organization: Concepts, Theory, Observations, and Predictions," Working Papers 12-0101, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.