Tackling measurement problems with Item Response Theory: Principles, characteristics, and assessment, with an illustrative example
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 57 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerhard Fischer, 1995. "Some neglected problems in IRT," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 60(4), pages 459-487, December.
- Jinming Zhang & William Stout, 1999. "The theoretical detect index of dimensionality and its application to approximate simple structure," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 64(2), pages 213-249, June.
- R. Darrell Bock, 1972. "Estimating item parameters and latent ability when responses are scored in two or more nominal categories," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 29-51, March.
- David Andrich, 1978. "A rating formulation for ordered response categories," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 43(4), pages 561-573, December.
- Eric Bradlow & Howard Wainer & Xiaohui Wang, 1999. "A Bayesian random effects model for testlets," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 64(2), pages 153-168, June.
- Geoff Masters, 1982. "A rasch model for partial credit scoring," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 149-174, June.
- Charles Lewis, 1986. "Test theory and psychometrika: The past twenty-five years," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 11-22, March.
- David Thissen, 1982. "Marginal maximum likelihood estimation for the one-parameter logistic model," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 47(2), pages 175-186, June.
- David Thissen & Lynne Steinberg, 1986. "A taxonomy of item response models," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 51(4), pages 567-577, December.
- John Horn, 1965. "A rationale and test for the number of factors in factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 30(2), pages 179-185, June.
- Jackson, Susan E. & Schuler, Randall S., 1985. "A meta-analysis and conceptual critique of research on role ambiguity and role conflict in work settings," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 16-78, August.
- R. Bock & Murray Aitkin, 1981. "Marginal maximum likelihood estimation of item parameters: Application of an EM algorithm," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 46(4), pages 443-459, December.
- Fumiko Samejima, 1977. "Weakly parallel tests in latent trait theory with some criticisms of classical test theory," Psychometrika, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 193-198, June.
- Salzberger, Thomas & Koller, Monika, 2013. "Towards a new paradigm of measurement in marketing," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(9), pages 1307-1317.
- Salzberger, Thomas & Newton, Fiona J. & Ewing, Michael T., 2014. "Detecting gender item bias and differential manifest response behavior: A Rasch-based solution," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 67(4), pages 598-607.
- Silvana Bortolotti & Rafael Tezza & Dalton Andrade & Antonio Bornia & Afonso Sousa Júnior, 2013. "Relevance and advantages of using the item response theory," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 2341-2360, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.