Evaluating the Potential of Interactive Media through a New Lens: Search versus Experience Goods
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Business Research.
Volume (Year): 41 (1998)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbusres
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brucks, Merrie, 1985. " The Effects of Product Class Knowledge on Information Search Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 12(1), pages 1-16, June.
- Shugan, Steven M, 1980. " The Cost of Thinking," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(2), pages 99-111, Se.
- Punj, Girish N & Stewart, David W, 1983. " An Interaction Framework of Consumer Decision Making," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(2), pages 181-96, September.
- Moore, William L & Lehmann, Donald R, 1980. " Individual Differences in Search Behavior for a Nondurable," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(3), pages 296-307, December.
- Nelson, Phillip, 1970. "Information and Consumer Behavior," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 78(2), pages 311-29, March-Apr.
- Nelson, Philip, 1974. "Advertising as Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(4), pages 729-54, July/Aug..
- Punj, Girish N & Staelin, Richard, 1983. " A Model of Consumer Information Search Behavior for New Automobiles," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(4), pages 366-80, March.
- Bettman, James R & Kakkar, Pradeep, 1977. " Effects of Information Presentation Format on Consumer Information Acquisition Strategies," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(4), pages 233-40, March.
- Porter, Michael E, 1976. "Interbrand Choice, Media Mix and Market Performance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(2), pages 398-406, May.
- Srinivasan, Narasimhan & Ratchford, Brian T, 1991. " An Empirical Test of a Model of External Search for Automobiles," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 18(2), pages 233-42, September.
- George J. Stigler, 1961. "The Economics of Information," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 69, pages 213.
- Deighton, John, 1984. " The Interaction of Advertising and Evidence," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(3), pages 763-70, December.
- Claxton, John D & Fry, Joseph N & Portis, Bernard, 1974. " A Taxonomy of Prepurchase Information Gathering Patterns," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 1(3), pages 35-42, December.
- Darby, Michael R & Karni, Edi, 1973. "Free Competition and the Optimal Amount of Fraud," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 67-88, April.
- Pires Gonçalves, Ricardo, 2008. "Consumer Behavior: Product Characteristics and Quality Perception," MPRA Paper 11142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Biswas, Dipayan, 2004. "Economics of information in the Web economy: Towards a new theory?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 57(7), pages 724-733, July.
- Rotem-Mindali, Orit & Salomon, Ilan, 2007. "The impacts of E-retail on the choice of shopping trips and delivery: Some preliminary findings," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 176-189, February.
- Citrin, Alka Varma & Stem, Donald Jr. & Spangenberg, Eric R. & Clark, Michael J., 2003. "Consumer need for tactile input: An internet retailing challenge," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(11), pages 915-922, November.
- Cauberghe, Verolien & De Pelsmacker, Patrick & Janssens, Wim, 2010. "Simultaneous exposure to a program and advertising content in an interactive context: Perceptual and semantic interference and reinforcement," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 972-978, September.
- Hsiu-Li Liao & Su-Houn Liu & Chi-Wen Lin, 2013. "Information, Experience and Destination Marketing - The Influence of Interactivity on Tourism Website," Review of Economics & Finance, Better Advances Press, Canada, vol. 3, pages 58-69, August.
- Kim, Juran & Spielmann, Nathalie & McMillan, Sally J., 2012. "Experience effects on interactivity: Functions, processes, and perceptions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(11), pages 1543-1550.
- Ramus, Kim Bjarne & Grunert, Klaus G., 2004. "Consumers’ Willingness To Buy Food Via The Internet: A Review Of The Litterature And A Model For Future Research," MAPP Working Papers 84, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, The MAPP Centre.
- Jesse W.J. Weltevreden & Oedzge A.L.C. Atzema & Koen Frenken & Karlijn de Kruijf & Frank G. van Oort, 2005. "The Geography of Internet Adoption by Retailers," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 0510, Utrecht University, Section of Economic Geography, revised Sep 2005.
- Jesse Weltevreden & Karlijn De Kruijf & Oedzge Atzema & Koen Frenken & Frank Van Oort, 2005. "The b2c e-commerce landscape of the Dutch retail sector," ERSA conference papers ersa05p228, European Regional Science Association.
- Franziska Rischkowsky & Thomas Döring, 2008. "Consumer Policy in a Market Economy Considerations from the Perspective of the Economics of Information, the New Institutional Economics as well as Behavioural Economics," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 285-313, September.
- P. Sanjay Sarathy, 2011. "Opinion Leaders in Real Estate Markets," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 14(3), pages 354-373.
- Park, Cheol & Lee, Thae Min, 2009. "Information direction, website reputation and eWOM effect: A moderating role of product type," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 61-67, January.
- Ahlert, Dieter & Evanschitzky, Heiner & Thesing, Miriam, 2006. "Zahlungsbereitschaft im online Handel: Eine empirische Untersuchung mittels der Conjoint Analyse / Ahlert,D. / Evanschitzky, H," Working Papers 34, Competence Center Internet Economy and Hybrid Systems, European Research Center for Information Systems (ERCIS), University of Münster.
- Yang, Jun & Mai, Enping (Shirley), 2010. "Experiential goods with network externalities effects: An empirical study of online rating system," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 1050-1057, September.
- Moon, Junyean & Chadee, Doren & Tikoo, Surinder, 2008. "Culture, product type, and price influences on consumer purchase intention to buy personalized products online," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 31-39, January.
- Girard, Tulay & Dion, Paul, 2010. "Validating the search, experience, and credence product classification framework," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 1079-1087, September.
- Kim, Juran & Lee, Ki Hoon, 2013. "Towards a theoretical framework of motivations and interactivity for using IPTV," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 260-264.
- E. Santarelli, 2001. "The Diffusion of E-commerce at the Firm Level: Theoretical Implications and Empirical Evidence," Working Papers 428, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Sae Kim & Chong Choi, 2007. "Habits, Self-Control and Social Conventions: The Role of Global Media and Corporations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 76(2), pages 147-154, December.
- Shalom Levy & Israel Nebenzahl, 2008. "The influence of product involvement on consumers’ interactive processes in interactive television," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 65-77, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.