Profitability of momentum strategies in international markets: The role of business cycle variables and behavioural biases
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 31 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Freeman, Robert N., 1987. "The association between accounting earnings and security returns for large and small firms," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 195-228, July.
- Harrison Hong & Terence Lim & Jeremy C. Stein, 1998.
"Bad News Travels Slowly: Size, Analyst Coverage and the Profitability of Momentum Strategies,"
NBER Working Papers
6553, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison Hong & Terence Lim & Jeremy C. Stein, 2000. "Bad News Travels Slowly: Size, Analyst Coverage, and the Profitability of Momentum Strategies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 55(1), pages 265-295, 02.
- Tarun Chordia & Lakshmanan Shivakumar, 2002. "Momentum, Business Cycle, and Time-varying Expected Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 57(2), pages 985-1019, 04.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Titman, Sheridan, 1995. "Overreaction, Delayed Reaction, and Contrarian Profits," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 8(4), pages 973-93.
- Wu, Xueping, 2002. "A conditional multifactor analysis of return momentum," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(8), pages 1675-1696, August.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-36, May-June.
- John A. Doukas & Phillip J. McKnight, 2005. "European Momentum Strategies, Information Diffusion, and Investor Conservatism," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 11(3), pages 313-338.
- Michael J. Cooper & Roberto C. Gutierrez & Allaudeen Hameed, 2004. "Market States and Momentum," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 1345-1365, 06.
- Jegadeesh, Narasimhan & Titman, Sheridan, 1993. " Returns to Buying Winners and Selling Losers: Implications for Stock Market Efficiency," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(1), pages 65-91, March.
- Nicholas Barberis & Andrei Shleifer & Robert W. Vishny, 1997.
"A Model of Investor Sentiment,"
NBER Working Papers
5926, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Doron Avramov & Tarun Chordia, 2006. "Asset Pricing Models and Financial Market Anomalies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 19(3), pages 1001-1040.
- Barberis, Nicholas & Thaler, Richard, 2003.
"A survey of behavioral finance,"
Handbook of the Economics of Finance,
in: G.M. Constantinides & M. Harris & R. M. Stulz (ed.), Handbook of the Economics of Finance, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 18, pages 1053-1128
- Doron Avramov & Tarun Chordia & Gergana Jostova & Alexander Philipov, 2007. "Momentum and Credit Rating," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(5), pages 2503-2520, October.
- Doron Avramov, 2004. "Stock Return Predictability and Asset Pricing Models," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 17(3), pages 699-738.
- K. Geert Rouwenhorst, 1998.
"International Momentum Strategies,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 53(1), pages 267-284, 02.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. " Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- Doyle, John R. & Chen, Catherine Huirong, 2009. "The wandering weekday effect in major stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(8), pages 1388-1399, August.
- Asem, Ebenezer, 2009. "Dividends and price momentum," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 486-494, March.
- Pätäri, Eero & Leivo, Timo & Honkapuro, Samuli, 2012. "Enhancement of equity portfolio performance using data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 786-797.
- Gu, Li & Huang, Dayong, 2010. "Sales order backlogs and momentum profits," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(7), pages 1564-1575, July.
- Huij, Joop & Derwall, Jeroen, 2011. "Global equity fund performance, portfolio concentration, and the fundamental law of active management," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 155-165, January.
- Galariotis, Emilios C., 2010. "What should we know about momentum investing? The case of the Australian Security Exchange," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 369-389, September.
- Yao, Yaqiong, 2012. "Momentum, contrarian, and the January seasonality," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 2757-2769.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Zheng, Xinwei, 2010. "Market liquidity risk factor and financial market anomalies: Evidence from the Chinese stock market," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 509-520, November.
- Tajaddini, Reza & Crack, Timothy Falcon, 2012. "Do momentum-based trading strategies work in emerging currency markets?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 521-537.
- Timo H. Leivo, 2012. "Combining value and momentum indicators in varying stock market conditions: The Finnish evidence," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 11(4), pages 400-447.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.