The impact of mean reversion of bank profitability on post-merger performance in the banking industry
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 30 (2006)
Issue (Month): 12 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 2002.
"Technological progress and the geographic expansion of the banking industry,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2002-31, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berger, Allen N. & DeYoung, Robert, 2006. "Technological Progress and the Geographic Expansion of the Banking Industry," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(6), pages 1483-1513, September.
- Allen N. Berger & Robert DeYoung, 2002. "Technological progress and the geographic expansion of the banking industry," Working Paper Series WP-02-07, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1992. "Megamergers in banking and the use of cost efficiency as an antitrust defense," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 203, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Lichtenberg, Frank R, 1994. "Testing the Convergence Hypothesis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 76(3), pages 576-79, August.
- Gayle L. DeLong, 2003. "Does Long-Term Performance of Mergers Match Market Expectations? Evidence from the US Banking Industry," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 32(2), Summer.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2002:i:may:p:494-508 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kraus, Alan & Litzenberger, Robert H, 1976. "Skewness Preference and the Valuation of Risk Assets," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1085-1100, September.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, .
"Forecasting Profitability and Earnings,"
CRSP working papers
358, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Ben Craig & João Cabral dos Santos, 1997. "The risk effects of bank acquisitions," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q II, pages 25-35.
- Robert DeYoung, 1998. "Management Quality and X-Inefficiency in National Banks," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 5-22, February.
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1997.
"The effects of megamergers on efficiency and prices: evidence from a bank profit function,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-9, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jalal D. Akhavein & Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1996. "The Effects of Megamergers on Efficiency and Prices: Evidence from a Bank Profit Function," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-03, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Walter, Ingo, 2004. "Mergers and Acquisitions in Banking and Finance: What Works, What Fails, and Why?," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195159004.
- Brown, Stephen J, et al, 1992. "Survivorship Bias in Performance Studies," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 5(4), pages 553-80.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-36, May-June.
- Cornett, Marcia Millon & Tehranian, Hassan, 1992. "Changes in corporate performance associated with bank acquisitions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 211-234, April.
- Robert DeYoung & Douglas Evanoff & Philip Molyneux, 2009. "Mergers and Acquisitions of Financial Institutions: A Review of the Post-2000 Literature," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 87-110, December.
- Elena Beccalli & Pascal Frantz, 2008. "Do M&As in the EU banking industry lead to an increase in performance?," Working Papers 50-2008, Macerata University, Department of Finance and Economic Sciences, revised Dec 2009.
- Igor Filatotchev & Xiaoxiang Zhang & Jenifer Piesse, 2011. "Multiple agency perspective, family control, and private information abuse in an emerging economy," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 69-93, March.
- Ignacio Hernando & María J. Nieto & Larry Wall, 2008.
"Determinants of domestic and cross-border bank acquisitions in the European Union,"
Banco de Espaï¿½a Working Papers
0823, Banco de Espa�a.
- Hernando, Ignacio & Nieto, Mara J. & Wall, Larry D., 2009. "Determinants of domestic and cross-border bank acquisitions in the European Union," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1022-1032, June.
- Ignacio Hernando & María J. Nieto & Larry D. Wall, 2008. "Determinants of domestic and cross-border bank acquisitions in the European Union," Working Paper 2008-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Jiang, Guohua & Yue, Heng & Zhao, Longkai, 2009. "A re-examination of China's share issue privatization," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 33(12), pages 2322-2332, December.
- Elena Beccalli & Pascal Frantz, 2009. "M&A Operations and Performance in Banking," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 36(2), pages 203-226, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.