Why markets should not necessarily reduce the tick size
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 28 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Seppi, Duane J, 1997. "Liquidity Provision with Limit Orders and a Strategic Specialist," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(1), pages 103-50.
- Stephen R Foerster & G Andrew Karolyi, 1993. "International Listings of Stocks: The Case of Canada and the U.S," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 24(4), pages 763-784, December.
- Bruno Biais & Pierre Hillion & Chester Spatt, 1999. "Price Discovery and Learning during the Preopening Period in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1218-1248, December.
- Michael A. Goldstein & Kenneth A. Kavajecz, .
"Eighths, Sixteenths and Market Depth: Changes in Tick Size and Liquidity Provision on the NYSE,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
14-98, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Goldstein, Michael A. & A. Kavajecz, Kenneth, 2000. "Eighths, sixteenths, and market depth: changes in tick size and liquidity provision on the NYSE," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 125-149, April.
- Angel, James J, 1997. " Tick Size, Share Prices, and Stock Splits," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 655-81, June.
- Easley, David & O'Hara, Maureen & Saar, Gideon, 2001. "How Stock Splits Affect Trading: A Microstructure Approach," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 36(01), pages 25-51, March.
- Biais, Bruno & Hillion, Pierre & Spatt, Chester, 1995. " An Empirical Analysis of the Limit Order Book and the Order Flow in the Paris Bourse," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(5), pages 1655-89, December.
- Harris, Lawrence, 1991. "Stock Price Clustering and Discreteness," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 389-415.
- Tarun Chordia, 2001. "Market Liquidity and Trading Activity," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(2), pages 501-530, 04.
- Cordella, Tito & Foucault, Thierry, 1999.
"Minimum Price Variations, Time Priority, and Quote Dynamics,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 141-173, July.
- Cordella, Tito & Foucault, Thierry, 1997. "Minimum Price Variations, Time Priority and Quote Dynamics," CEPR Discussion Papers 1717, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tito Cordella & Thierry Foucault, 1996. "Minimum price variations, time priority and quotes dynamics," Economics Working Papers 182, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-35, November.
- Anat R. Admati, Paul Pfleiderer, 1988. "A Theory of Intraday Patterns: Volume and Price Variability," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 3-40.
- Lau, Sie Ting & McInish, Thomas H., 1995. "Reducing tick size on the Stock Exchange of Singapore," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 485-496, December.
- Jones, Charles M & Kaul, Gautam & Lipson, Marc L, 1994. "Transactions, Volume, and Volatility," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(4), pages 631-51.
- Harris, Lawrence E, 1994. "Minimum Price Variations, Discrete Bid-Ask Spreads, and Quotation Sizes," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 149-78.
- Foerster, Stephen R. & Karolyi, G. Andrew, 1998. "Multimarket trading and liquidity: a transaction data analysis of Canada-US interlistings," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 8(3-4), pages 393-412, December.
- Kumar Venkataraman, 2001. "Automated Versus Floor Trading: An Analysis of Execution Costs on the Paris and New York Exchanges," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(4), pages 1445-1485, 08.
- Van Ness, Bonnie F & Van Ness, Robert A & Pruitt, Stephen W, 2000. " The Impact of the Reduction in Tick Increments in Major U.S. Markets on Spreads, Depth, and Volatility," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 15(2), pages 153-67, September.
- Jones, Charles M. & Lipson, Marc L., 2001. "Sixteenths: direct evidence on institutional execution costs," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(2), pages 253-278, February.
- Ian Domowitz & Jack Glen & Ananth Madhavan, 1998. "International Cross-Listing and Order Flow Migration: Evidence from an Emerging Market," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(6), pages 2001-2027, December.
- Pantisa Pavabutr & Sukanya Prangwattananon, 2009. "Tick size change on the Stock Exchange of Thailand," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 351-371, May.
- Khalil Dayri & Mathieu Rosenbaum, 2012. "Large tick assets: implicit spread and optimal tick size," Papers 1207.6325, arXiv.org, revised Jan 2013.
- Ascioglu, Asli & Comerton-Forde, Carole & McInish, Thomas H., 2010. "An examination of minimum tick sizes on the Tokyo Stock Exchange," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 40-48, January.
- Degryse, H.A. & Jong, F.C.J.M. de & Ravenswaaij, M. van & Wuyts, G., 2002.
"Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market,"
2002-80, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Hans Degryse & Frank Jong & Maarten Ravenswaaij & Gunther Wuyts, 2005. "Aggressive Orders and the Resiliency of a Limit Order Market," Review of Finance, Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 201-242, 06.
- Juan Raposo, 2003. "Les stratégies de placement d'ordres : le cas des ordres à quantité cachée," Post-Print halshs-00163255, HAL.
- Sabrina Buti & Barbara Rindi & Yuanji Wen & Ingrid M. Werner, 2013. "Tick Size Regulation and Sub-Penny Trading," Working Papers 492, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.