Simultaneity bias in mortgage lending: A test of simultaneous equations models on bank-specific data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 26 (2002)
Issue (Month): 8 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:1993:i:may:p:339-358 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hunter, William C & Walker, Mary Beth, 1996. "The Cultural Affinity Hypothesis and Mortgage Lending Decisions," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 57-70, July.
- Anthony M.J. Yezer & Robert F. Phillips & Robert P. Trost, 1994.
"Bias in estimates of discrimination and default in mortgage lending: the effects of simultaneity and self-selection,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, pages 197-222.
- Yezer, Anthony M J & Phillips, Robert F & Trost, Robert P, 1994. "Bias in Estimates of Discrimination and Default in Mortgage Lending: The Effects of Simultaneity and Self-Selection," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 197-215, November.
- Munnell, Alicia H. & Geoffrey M. B. Tootell & Lynn E. Browne & James McEneaney, 1996.
"Mortgage Lending in Boston: Interpreting HMDA Data,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 86(1), pages 25-53, March.
- Alicia H. Munnell, 1992. "Mortgage lending in Boston: interpreting HMDA data," Working Papers 92-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Mitchell Stengel & Dennis Glennon, 1999. "Evaluating Statistical Models of Mortgage Lending Discrimination: A Bank-Specific Analysis," Real Estate Economics, American Real Estate and Urban Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 299-334.
- David Horne, 1997. "Mortgage Lending, Race, and Model Specification," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 43-68, February.
- Robert B. Avery & Patricia E. Beeson & Mark S. Sniderman, 1993. "Lender consistency in housing credit markets," Working Paper 9309, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Kelly, Austin, 1995. "Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Mortgage Prepayment," Journal of Housing Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 350-372, December.
- James A. Berkovec & Glenn B. Canner & Stuart A. Gabriel & Timothy H. Hannan, 1998. "Discrimination, Competition, And Loan Performance In Fha Mortgage Lending," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 80(2), pages 241-250, May.
- Eric Rosenblatt, 1997. "A Reconsideration Of Discrimination In Mortgage Underwriting With Data From A National Mortgage Bank," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 109-131, February.
- Susan Wachter, 1997. "Discrimination in Financial Services: What Do We Know?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 205-208, February.
- Day, Theodore E & Liebowitz, S J, 1998. "Mortgage Lending to Minorities: Where's the Bias?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 36(1), pages 3-28, January.
- Michael LaCour-Little, 1996. "Application of Reverse Regression to Boston Federal Reserve Data Refutes Claims of Discrimination," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 11(1), pages 1-12.
- Michael H. Schill & Susan M. Wachter, . "A Tale of Two Cities: Racial and Ethnic Geographic Disparities in Home Mortgage Lending in Boston and Philadelphia," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 16-93, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Robert B. Avery & Patricia E. Beeson & Mark S. Sniderman, 1994. "Cross-lender variation in home mortgage lending," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 12-29.
- Ken Cyree & Keith Harvey & Michael Melton, 2004. "Bank Lending to Native American Applicants: An Investigation of Mortgage Flows and Government Guarantee Programs on Native American Lands," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 29-54, August.
- Song Han, 2011. "Creditor Learning and Discrimination in Lending," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 40(1), pages 1-27, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.