Emerging problems with the Basel Capital Accord: Regulatory capital arbitrage and related issues
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 24 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pennacchi, George G, 1988.
" Loan Sales and the Cost of Bank Capital,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 43(2), pages 375-96, June.
- George Pennacchi, . "Loan Sales and the Cost of Bank Capital," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 7-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- George Pennacchi, . "Loan Sales and the Cost of Bank Capital," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 07-87, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Jagtiani, Julapa & Saunders, Anthony & Udell, Gregory, 1995. "The effect of bank capital requirements on bank off-balance sheet financial innovations," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 647-658, June.
- Carlstrom, Charles T. & Samolyk, Katherine A., 1995. "Loan sales as a response to market-based capital constraints," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 627-646, June.
- Christine Cumming, 1987. "The economics of securitization," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Aut, pages 11-23.
- Peter DeMarzo & Darrell Duffie, 1999. "A Liquidity-Based Model of Security Design," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 65-100, January.
- James, Christopher, 1988. "The use of loan sales and standby letters of credit by commercial banks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 395-422.
- Robert C. Merton, 1995.
"Financial Innovation and the Management and Regulation of Financial Institutions,"
NBER Working Papers
5096, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Merton, Robert C., 1995. "Financial innovation and the management and regulation of financial institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(3-4), pages 461-481, June.
- Herbert L. Baer & Christine A. Pavel, 1988. "Does regulation drive innovation?," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Mar, pages 3-15.
- Christine Pavel & David Phillis, 1987. "Why commercial banks sell loans: an empirical analysis," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue May, pages 3-14.
- Christine Pavel & David Phillis, 1987. "Why commercial banks sell loans: an empirical analysis," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, pages 145-165.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Shadow Banking From the Top-Down or Bottom-Up?: at the Clearing House Annual Meeting
by Erik Gerding in The Conglomerate on 2012-11-16 22:40:59
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statistics
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.