Gauging the efficiency of bank consolidation during a merger wave
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 23 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2-4 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Went, Peter, 2003. "A quantitative analysis of qualitative arguments in a bank merger," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 379-403.
- Bliss, Richard T. & Rosen, Richard J., 2001. "CEO compensation and bank mergers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 107-138, July.
- Lewis, Danielle & Webb, James R., 2007. "Potential cost synergies from banks acquiring real estate brokerage services," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 2347-2363, August.
- Berger, Allen N. & Demsetz, Rebecca S. & Strahan, Philip E., 1999.
"The consolidation of the financial services industry: Causes, consequences, and implications for the future,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 135-194, February.
- Allen N. Berger & Rebecca S. Demsetz & Philip E. Strahan, 1998. "The consolidation of the financial services industry: causes, consequences, and implications for the future," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1998-46, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Francis, Bill & Hasan, Iftekhar & Wang, Haizhi, 2014. "Banking deregulation, consolidation, and corporate cash holdings: U.S. evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 45-56.
- Timothy J. Yeager, 2004. "Economies of integration in banking: an application of the survivor principle," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2004-04, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Kimie Harada & Takatoshi Ito, 2008.
"Did Mergers Help Japanese Mega-Banks Avoid Failure? Analysis of the Distance to Default of Banks,"
NBER Working Papers
14518, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harada, Kimie & Ito, Takatoshi, 2011. "Did mergers help Japanese mega-banks avoid failure? Analysis of the distance to default of banks," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Anderson, Christopher W. & Becher, David A. & Campbell, Terry II, 2004. "Bank mergers, the market for bank CEOs, and managerial incentives," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 6-27, January.
- Nippani, Srinivas & Green, Kenneth Jr., 2002. "The banking industry after the Riegle-Neal Act: re-structure and overall performance," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(5), pages 901-909.
- Maurizio Zollo & Dima Leshchinkskii, 2000. "Can Firms Learn to Acquire? Do Markets Notice?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Penas, Maria Fabiana & Unal, Haluk, 2004. "Gains in bank mergers: Evidence from the bond markets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 149-179, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.