Lessons from the Tequila Crisis
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 23 (1999)
Issue (Month): 10 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1991.
"Asymmetric Information and Financial Crises: A Historical Perspective,"
in: Financial Markets and Financial Crises, pages 69-108
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1990. "Asymmetric Information and Financial Crises: A Historical Perspective," NBER Working Papers 3400, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernanke, Ben S, 1983.
"Nonmonetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in Propagation of the Great Depression,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 73(3), pages 257-76, June.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1983. "Non-Monetary Effects of the Financial Crisis in the Propagation of the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 1054, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stiglitz, Joseph E & Weiss, Andrew, 1983. "Incentive Effects of Terminations: Applications to the Credit and Labor Markets," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(5), pages 912-27, December.
- Diamond, Douglas W, 1984. "Financial Intermediation and Delegated Monitoring," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(3), pages 393-414, July.
- Maurice Obstfeld & Kenneth Rogoff, 1995.
"The mirage of fixed exchange rates,"
Working Papers in Applied Economic Theory
95-08, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Graciela L. Kaminsky & Carmen M. Reinhart, 1996.
"The twin crises: the causes of banking and balance-of-payments problems,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
544, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Graciela L. Kaminsky, 1999. "The Twin Crises: The Causes of Banking and Balance-of-Payments Problems," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 473-500, June.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Kaminsky, Graciela, 1999. "The twin crises: The causes of banking and balance of payments problems," MPRA Paper 14081, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mishkin, Frederic S, 1994.
"Preventing Financial Crises: An International Perspective,"
The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies,
University of Manchester, vol. 62(0), pages 1-40, Suppl..
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1994. "Preventing Financial Crises: An International Perspective," NBER Working Papers 4636, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Steven Riess Weisbrod & Liliana Rojas-SuÃ¡rez, 1994. "Financial Market Fragilities in Latin America," IMF Working Papers 94/117, International Monetary Fund.
- Frederic S. Mishkin, 1992. "An Evaluation of the Treasury Plan for Banking Reform," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 6(1), pages 133-153, Winter.
- Franklin R. Edwards & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995.
"The Decline of Traditional Banking: Implications for Financial Stabilityand Regulatory Policy,"
NBER Working Papers
4993, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Franklin R. Edwards & Frederic S. Mishkin, 1995. "The decline of traditional banking: implications for financial stability and regulatory policy," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Jul, pages 27-45.
- Stockman, Alan C., 1999. "Choosing an exchange-rate system," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(10), pages 1483-1498, October.
- Pablo Gluzmann & Martín Guzman, 2011. "Financial Reforms and Financial Instability," Ensayos Económicos, Central Bank of Argentina, Economic Research Department, vol. 1(61-62), pages 35-73, January -.
- Gregorio Impavido & Heinz Rudolph & Luigi Ruggerone, 2013. "Bank Funding in Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe Post Lehman," IMF Working Papers 13/148, International Monetary Fund.
- Antonio Forte & Giovanni Pesce, 2009. "The International Financial Crisis: an Expert Survey," series 0024, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Metodi Matematici - Università di Bari, revised Apr 2009.
- Thomas Barnebeck Andersen & Finn Tarp, 2003. "Financial liberalization, financial development and economic growth in LDCs," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 189-209.
- J Benson Durham, . "A Survey of the Econometric Literature on the Real Effects of International Capital Flows in Lower Income Countries," QEH Working Papers qehwps50, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- J Benson Durham, . "Econometrics of the Real Effects of Cross-Border Capital Flows in Emerging Markets," QEH Working Papers qehwps52, Queen Elizabeth House, University of Oxford.
- Xavier Vives, 2006. "Banking and Regulation in Emerging Markets: The Role of External Discipline," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 21(2), pages 179-206.
- Rolph van der Hoeven, 2010. "Labour Markets Trends, Financial Globalization and the current crisis in Developing Countries," Working Papers 99, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Fallon, Peter & Hon, Vivian & Qureshi, Zia & Ratha, Dilip, 2001. "Middle-income countries - development challenges and growing global role," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2657, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.