Banks' changing incentives and opportunities for risk taking
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 21 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Grammatikos, Theoharry & Papanikolaou, Nikolaos I., 2013.
"What lies behind the “too-small-to-survive” banks?,"
51431, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2013.
- Theoharry Grammatikos, & Nikolaos I. Papanikolaou, 2013. "What lies behind the (Too-Small-To-Survive) banks?," LSF Research Working Paper Series 13-12, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Thomas Barnebeck Andersen & Finn Tarp, 2003. "Financial liberalization, financial development and economic growth in LDCs," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 189-209.
- Joseph P. Hughes & Choon-Geol Moon & William W. Lang & Michael S. Pagano, 2001. "Managerial Incentives and the Efficiency of Capital Structure," Departmental Working Papers 200102, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Chun, Sun Eae & Nagano, Mamoru & Lee, Min Hwan, 2010.
"Ownership Structure and Risk-taking Behavior: Evidence from Banks in Korea and Japan,"
25334, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sun Eae Chun & Mamoru Nagano & Min Hwan Lee, 2011. "Ownership Structure and Risk‐taking Behavior: Evidence from Banks in Korea and Japan," Asian Economic Journal, East Asian Economic Association, vol. 25(2), pages 151-175, 06.
- Rebecca S. Demsetz & Marc R. Saidenberg & Philip E. Strahan, 1997. "Agency problems and risk taking at banks," Staff Reports 29, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Teresa garcía Marco & M. Dolores Robles-Fernández, 2005.
"Risk tasking behaviour and ownership in the banking industry: the Spanish evidence,"
Documentos del Instituto Complutense de AnÃ¡lisis EconÃ³mico
0507, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Empresariales.
- Garcia-Marco, Teresa & Robles-Fernández, M. Dolores, 2008. "Risk-taking behaviour and ownership in the banking industry: The Spanish evidence," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 60(4), pages 332-354.
- Vives, Xavier, 2010.
"Competition and stability in banking,"
IESE Research Papers
D/852, IESE Business School.
- Xavier Vives T., 2010. "Competition and Stability in Banking," Journal Economía Chilena (The Chilean Economy), Central Bank of Chile, vol. 13(2), pages 85-112, August.
- Xavier Vives, 2011. "Competition and Stability in Banking," Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series, in: Luis Felipe Céspedes & Roberto Chang & Diego Saravia (ed.), Monetary Policy under Financial Turbulence, edition 1, volume 16, chapter 12, pages 455-502 Central Bank of Chile.
- Saibal, Ghosh, 2009. "Charter Value and Risk-taking: Evidence from Indian Banks," MPRA Paper 19543, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:fip:fedhpr:y:2001:i:may:p:385-422 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph P. Hughes & William W. Lang & Choon-Geol Moon & Michael S. Pagano, 2004. "Managerial Incentives and the Efficiency of Capital Structure in U.S. Commercial Banking," Departmental Working Papers 200401, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- Amine Tarazi & Nadia Zedek, 2013. "Excess Control Rights, Financial Crisis and Bank Profitability and Risk," Working Papers hal-00916550, HAL.
- Niu, Jijun, 2012. "An empirical analysis of the relation between bank charter value and risk taking," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 298-304.
- Goyal, Vidhan K., 2005. "Market discipline of bank risk: Evidence from subordinated debt contracts," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 318-350, July.
- Distinguin, Isabelle & Kouassi, Tchudjane & Tarazi, Amine, 2013. "Interbank deposits and market discipline: Evidence from Central and Eastern Europe," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 544-560.
- Xavier Vives, 2011. "Competition policy in banking," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(3), pages 479-497.
- Amel Belanes & Afef Ben Hajiba, 2012. "Regulation and risk taking in the banking industry: evidence from Tunisia," Afro-Asian Journal of Finance and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 89-104.
- Shuji Kobayakawa, 1998. "Designing incentive-compatible regulation in banking: the role of penalty in the precommitment approach," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 145-153.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.