Economic news and equity market linkages between the U.S. and U.K
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 19 (1995)
Issue (Month): 7 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Chung, Y Peter, 1991. " A Transactions Data Test of Stock Index Futures Market Efficiency and Index Arbitrage Profitability," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1791-809, December.
- Mervyn A. King & Sushil Wadhwani, 1989.
"Transmission of Volatility Between Stock Markets,"
NBER Working Papers
2910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kiyoshi Kato, 1990. "Weekly Patterns in Japanese Stock Returns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 36(9), pages 1031-1043, September.
- Foster, F Douglas & Viswanathan, S, 1990. "A Theory of the Interday Variations in Volume, Variance, and Trading Costs in Securities Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(4), pages 593-624.
- Hardouvelis, Gikas A., 1988. "Economic news, exchange rates and interest rates," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 23-35, March.
- Hamao, Yasushi & Masulis, Ronald W & Ng, Victor, 1990. "Correlations in Price Changes and Volatility across International Stock Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 281-307.
- Wen-Ling Lin & Robert F. Engle & Takatoshi Ito, 1992.
"Do Bulls and Bears Move Acoross Borders: International Transimission of Stock Returns and Volatility as the World Turns,"
Discussion Paper Series
a253, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Wen-Ling Lin & Robert F. Engle & Takatoshi Ito, 1991. "Do Bulls and Bears Move Across Borders? International Transmission of Stock Returns and Volatility as the World Turns," NBER Working Papers 3911, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wood, Robert A & McInish, Thomas H & Ord, J Keith, 1985. " An Investigation of Transactions Data for NYSE Stocks," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(3), pages 723-39, July.
- Barclay, Michael J & Litzenberger, Robert H & Warner, Jerold B, 1990. "Private Information, Trading Volume, and Stock-Return Variances," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 3(2), pages 233-53.
- Eun, Cheol S. & Shim, Sangdal, 1989. "International Transmission of Stock Market Movements," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 24(02), pages 241-256, June.
- Harvey, Campbell R & Huang, Roger D, 1991. "Volatility in the Foreign Currency Futures Market," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(3), pages 543-69.
- Ederington, Louis H & Lee, Jae Ha, 1993. " How Markets Process Information: News Releases and Volatility," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(4), pages 1161-91, September.
- Pearce, Douglas K & Roley, V Vance, 1985.
"Stock Prices and Economic News,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 58(1), pages 49-67, January.
- Jain, Prem C, 1988. "Response of Hourly Stock Prices and Trading Volume to Economic News," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(2), pages 219-31, April.
- Chan, Kalok & Chan, K C & Karolyi, G Andrew, 1991. "Intraday Volatility in the Stock Index and Stock Index Futures Markets," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 4(4), pages 657-84.
- Goodhart, Charles A E & Smith, Richard G, 1985. "The Impact of News on Financial Markets in the United Kingdom: A Note," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 17(4), pages 507-11, November.
- Becker, Kent G & Finnerty, Joseph E & Tucker, Alan L, 1992. "The Intraday Interdependence Structure between U.S. and Japanese Equity Markets," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 15(1), pages 27-37, Spring.
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.