Do the M & M propositions apply to banks?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 19 (1995)
Issue (Month): 3-4 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Richard J. Herring & Anthony M. Santomero, 2000. "What Is Optimal Financial Regulation?," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 00-34, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Hartmann-Wendels, Thomas, 2012. "Regulatorische Folgen der Finanzkrisen: Auswirkungen auf die Leasing-Branche," Leasing - Wissenschaft & Praxis, Universität zu Köln, Forschungsinstitut für Leasing, vol. 10(1), pages 3-88.
- Kleff, Volker, 2005. "Capital policy of German savings banks: a survey," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-63, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jeremy Bulow & Paul Klemperer, 2013.
"Market-Based Bank Capital Regulation,"
2013-W12, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Clovis Rugemintwari, 2010. "Investigation on the Comparative Persistence and Convergence of Risk and Non-Risk Adjusted Bank Capital Ratios," Working Papers hal-00916749, HAL.
- Robert-Paul Berben & Beata Bierut & Jan Willem van den End & Jan Kakes, 2010. "Macro-effects of higher capital and liquidity requirements for banks," DNB Occasional Studies 803, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Larry D. Wall & Pamela P. Peterson, 1998. "The choice of capital instruments," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q 2, pages 4-17.
- Schaetzle, Dominik, 2012. "Die Auswirkungen der neuen Eigenkapitalanforderungen nach Basel III: Eine Analyse empirischer Studien," Arbeitspapiere 124, Westfälsche Wilhelms-Universität Münster (WWU), Institut für Genossenschaftswesen.
- Larry D. Wall & Pamela P. Peterson, 1996. "Banks' responses to binding regulatory capital requirements," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Mar, pages 1-17.
- Graham Hall & Patrick Hutchinson & Nicos Michaelas, 2000. "Industry Effects on the Determinants of Unquoted SMEs' Capital Structure," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 297-312.
- da Silva, Marcos Soares & Divino, Jose Angelo, 2013. "The role of banking regulation in an economy under credit risk and liquidity shock," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 266-281.
- Arturo Estrella, 1998. "The Future of Regulatory Capital: General Principles and Specific Proposals," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 134(IV), pages 599-616, December.
- Miles, David & Yang, Jing & Marcheggiano, Gilberto, 2011.
"Optimal Bank Capital,"
31, Monetary Policy Committee Unit, Bank of England.
- Kjell Bjørn Nordal, 2006. "Banks’ optimal implementation strategies for a risk sensitive regulatory capital rule: a real options and signalling approach," Working Paper 2006/12, Norges Bank.
- George G. Kaufman, 1998. "Central banks, asset bubbles, and financial stability," Working Paper Series WP-98-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Arthur Petit-Romec, 2011. "L'intérêt d'un renforcement des fonds propres bancaires (et de mesures complémentaires) pour concilier stabilité financière, performance et bon fonctionnement des banques," Post-Print dumas-00643745, HAL.
- Myron Kwast & S. Passmore, 1999. "The Subsidy Provided by the Federal Safety Net: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 125-145, December.
- George Benston & Paul Irvine & Jim Rosenfeld & Joseph F. Sinkey, Jr., 2000. "Bank capital structure, regulatory capital, and securities innovations," Working Paper 2000-18, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Arturo Estrella, 1998. "Formulas or supervision? Remarks on the future of regulatory capital," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Oct, pages 191-200.
- Niklaus Blattner, 1995. "Panel Discussion - Statements and Comments," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 131(IV), pages 819-830, December.
- Anne Beatty & Anne Gron, 2001. "Capital, Portfolio, and Growth: Bank Behavior Under Risk-Based Capital Guidelines," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 5-31, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.