Capital gains tax and equity values: Empirical test of stock price reaction to the introduction and reduction of capital gains tax exemption
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 16 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Mark H. Lang & Douglas A. Shackelford, 1999.
"Capitalization of Capital Gains Taxes: Evidence from Stock Price Reactions to the 1997 Rate Reduction,"
NBER Working Papers
6885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lang, Mark H. & Shackelford, Douglas A., 2000. "Capitalization of capital gains taxes: evidence from stock price reactions to the 1997 rate reduction," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 69-85, April.
- Jennifer L. Blouin & Jana Smith Raedy & Douglas A. Shackelford, 2000. "Capital Gains Taxes and Stock Reactions to Quarterly Earnings Announcements," NBER Working Papers 7644, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clemens Sialm, 2002.
"Stochastic Taxation and Asset Pricing in Dynamic General Equilibrium,"
NBER Working Papers
9301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sialm, Clemens, 2006. "Stochastic taxation and asset pricing in dynamic general equilibrium," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 511-540, March.
- James R. Hamill & Inder Khurana, 1994. "The Effect of Repeal of the Capital Gain Preference on Venture-Backed Companies," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 3(2), pages 97-109 , Spring.
- Eichfelder, Sebastian & Lau, Mona, 2014. "Capital gains taxes and asset prices: The impact of tax awareness and procrastination," Discussion Papers 2014/17, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Prisman, Eliezer Z. & Roberts, Gordon S. & Tian, Yisong, 1996. "Optimal bond trading and the tax-timing option in Canada," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(8), pages 1351-1363, September.
- Eichfelder, Sebastian & Lau, Mona, 2014. "Capital gains taxes and asset prices: The impact of tax awareness and procrastination," arqus Discussion Papers in Quantitative Tax Research 170, arqus - Arbeitskreis Quantitative Steuerlehre.
- Jennifer L. Blouin & Jana Smith Raedy & Douglas A. Shackelford, 2000. "Capital Gains Holding Periods and Equity Trading: Evidence from the 1998 Tax Act," NBER Working Papers 7827, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Landon, Stuart & Smith, Constance, 2008. "Taxation and bond market investment strategies: Evidence from the market for Government of Canada bonds," MPRA Paper 9959, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.