Identification of problem banks and binary choice models
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Banking & Finance.
Volume (Year): 15 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jbf
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gallo, John G. & Apilado, Vincent P. & Kolari, James W., 1996. "Commercial bank mutual fund activities: Implications for bank risk and profitability," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(10), pages 1775-1791, December.
- Halkos, George E. & Tzeremes, Nickolaos G., 2012. "Analyzing the Greek renewable energy sector: A Data Envelopment Analysis approach," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 2884-2893.
- Shaffer, Sherrill, 2012.
"Reciprocal brokered deposits and bank risk,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(2), pages 383-385.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Modélisation de la Prévision de Défaillance Bancaire Une Application aux Banques des Pays Emergents," Finance 0409026, EconWPA.
- Andrew Logan, 2001. "The United Kingdom's small banks' crisis of the early 1990s: what were the leading indicators of failure?," Bank of England working papers 139, Bank of England.
- Swami, Onkar Shivraj & Vishnu Kumar, N. Arun & Baruah, Palash, 2012. "Determinants of the exit decision of foreign banks in India," MPRA Paper 38722, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fiordelisi, Franco & Mare, Davide Salvatore, 2013. "Probability of default and efficiency in cooperative banking," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 30-45.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 1993.
"Explaining bank failures: deposit insurance, regulation, and efficiency,"
1993-002, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Wheelock, David C & Wilson, Paul W, 1995. "Explaining Bank Failures: Deposit Insurance, Regulation, and Efficiency," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 689-700, November.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2012.
"Forecasting Bank Leverage,"
CAMA Working Papers
2012-56, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2012. "Forecasting Bank Leverage," Working Paper Series 176, Finance Discipline Group, UTS Business School, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Gerhard Hambusch & Sherrill Shaffer, 2012. "Forecasting Bank Leverage," Research Paper Series 320, Quantitative Finance Research Centre, University of Technology, Sydney.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "A nonparametric analysis of the Greek renewable energy sector," MPRA Paper 30467, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Espahbodi, Hassan & Espahbodi, Pouran, 2003. "Binary choice models and corporate takeover," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 549-574, April.
- Daley, J. & Matthews, K. & Whitfield, K., 2008.
"Too-big-to-fail: Bank failure and banking policy in Jamaica,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 290-303, July.
- Daley, J & Matthews, Kent & Whitfield, Keith, 2006. "Too-Big-To-Fail: Bank Failure and Banking Policy in Jamaica," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2006/4, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Kolari, James & Glennon, Dennis & Shin, Hwan & Caputo, Michele, 2002. "Predicting large US commercial bank failures," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 361-387.
- Christophe Godlewski, 2004. "Modélisation de la Prévision de Défaillance Bancaire et Facteurs Réglementaires Une Application aux Banques des Pays Emergents," Finance 0409027, EconWPA.
- Guo, Lin, 1999. "When and why did FSLIC resolve insolvent thrifts?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(6), pages 955-990, June.
- Henebry, Kathleen L., 1996. "Do cash flow variables improve the predictive accuracy of a Cox proportional hazards model for bank failure?," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 395-409.
- Imbierowicz, Björn & Rauch, Christian, 2014. "The relationship between liquidity risk and credit risk in banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 242-256.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.