Preferential trading and the myth of natural trading partners
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Japan and the World Economy.
Volume (Year): 9 (1997)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505557
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:fth:inadeb:323 is not listed on IDEAS
- Paul Krugman, 1991.
"The move toward free trade zones,"
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 7-58.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Ernesto Stein, 1996.
"The Welfare Implications of Trading Blocs among Countries with Different Endowments,"
NBER Working Papers
5472, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Antonio Spilimbergo & Ernesto Stein, 1998. "The Welfare Implications of Trading Blocs among Countries with Different Endowments," NBER Chapters, in: The Regionalization of the World Economy, pages 121-152 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Srinivasan, T. N., 1997.
"The common external tariff of a customs union: Alternative approaches,"
Japan and the World Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 447-465, December.
- Srinivasan, T-N, 1996. "The Common External Tariff of a Customs Union : Alternative Approaches," Papers 755, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- repec:fth:coluec:9596-04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Frankel, Jeffrey & Stein, Ernesto & Wei, Shang-jin, 1995. "Trading blocs and the Americas: The natural, the unnatural, and the super-natural," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 61-95, June.
- Lawrence H. Summers, 1991. "Regionalism and the world trading system," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 295-301.
- Berglas, Eitan, 1979. "Preferential Trading Theory: The n Commodity Case," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(2), pages 315-31, April.
- Martin Richardson, 1994. "Why A Free Trade Area? The Tariff Also Rises," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 79-96, 03.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish & Panagariya, Arvind, 1996. "The Theory of Preferential Trade Agreements: Historical Evolution and Current Trends," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(2), pages 82-87, May.
- Schiff, Maurice & Wang, Yanling, 2004.
"North-South Technology Diffusion, Regional Integration, and the Dynamics of the “Natural Trading Partners” Hypothesis,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1384, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maurice Schiff & Yanling Wang, 2007. "North-South technology diffusion, regional integration, and the dynamics of the “natural trading partners” hypothesis," Revue d’économie du développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 21(5), pages 69-84.
- Schiff, Maurice & Wang, Yanling, 2004. "North-South technology diffusion, regional integration, and the dynamics of the natural trading partners hypothesis," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3434, The World Bank.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Shin, Kwanho, 2005.
"Does Regionalism Lead to More Global Trade Integration in East Asia?,"
706, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lee, Jong-Wha & Shin, Kwanho, 2006. "Does regionalism lead to more global trade integration in East Asia?," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 283-301, December.
- Schiff, Maurice, 2002. "Regional integration and development in small states," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2797, The World Bank.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2003. "Preferential Trading and Welfare: The Small-Union Case Revisited," International Trade 0308009, EconWPA.
- Schiff, Maurice, 1999.
"Will the real"natural trading partner"please stand up?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2161, The World Bank.
- Schiff, Maurice, 2001. "Will the Real “Natural Trading Partner” Please Stand Up?," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 16, pages 245-261.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2003. "The “Gains” from Preferential Trade Liberalization in the CGE," International Trade 0308005, EconWPA.
- Bond, Eric W., 1997. "Transportation infrastructure investments and regional trade liberalization," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1851, The World Bank.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.