Corporate environmental disclosures: are they useful in determining environmental performance?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Public Policy.
Volume (Year): 20 (2001)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jaccpubpol
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cedric Dawkins & John Fraas, 2011. "Erratum to: Beyond Acclamations and Excuses: Environmental Performance, Voluntary Environmental Disclosure and the Role of Visibility," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 99(3), pages 383-397, March.
- Aerts, Walter & Cormier, Denis, 2009. "Media legitimacy and corporate environmental communication," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Veronica P. Lima Ribeiro & Cristina Aibar-Guzman, 2010. "Determinants of environmental accounting practices in local entities: evidence from Portugal," Social Responsibility Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 6(3), pages 404-419, October.
- Clarkson, Peter M. & Li, Yue & Richardson, Gordon D. & Vasvari, Florin P., 2008. "Revisiting the relation between environmental performance and environmental disclosure: An empirical analysis," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(4-5), pages 303-327.
- Burnett, Royce D. & Hansen, Don R., 2008. "Ecoefficiency: Defining a role for environmental cost management," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 551-581, August.
- Henrik Nilsson & Gary M. Cunningham & Lars G. Hassel, 2008. "A study of the provision of environmental information in financial analysts' research reports," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 180-194.
- de Villiers, Charl & van Staden, Chris J., 2006. "Can less environmental disclosure have a legitimising effect? Evidence from Africa," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 31(8), pages 763-781, November.
- Aerts, Walter & Cormier, Denis & Magnan, Michel, 2008. "Corporate environmental disclosure, financial markets and the media: An international perspective," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 643-659, January.
- Malcolm Smith & Khadijah Yahya & Ahmad Marzuki Amiruddin, 2007. "Environmental disclosure and performance reporting in Malaysia," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 15(2), pages 185-199, December.
- Florina Bran & Ildiko Ioan & Carmen Valentina Rădulescu, 2010. "Internal Drivers Of Environmental Performance. Case Study: The Trading Activity," The AMFITEATRU ECONOMIC journal, Academy of Economic Studies - Bucharest, Romania, vol. 12(27), pages 145-154, February.
- Evangeline Elijido-Ten, 2007. "Applying stakeholder theory to analyze corporate environmental performance: Evidence from Australian listed companies," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 15(2), pages 164-184, December.
- Haslinda Yusoff & Glen Lehman, 2009. "Corporate environmental reporting through the lens of semiotics," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 17(3), pages 226-246, September.
- Cho, Charles H. & Patten, Dennis M., 2007. "The role of environmental disclosures as tools of legitimacy: A research note," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 32(7-8), pages 639-647.
- Jonathan Maurice & Emmanuelle Plot, 2010. "Double Diffusion Des Entreprises Dans Le Rapport Annuel : Renforcement Ou Contradiction ?," Post-Print hal-00479533, HAL.
- Marinilka Barros Kimbro & Zhiyan Cao, 2011. "Does voluntary corporate citizenship pay? An examination of the UN Global Compact," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(3), pages 288-303, September.
- Ioannis Nikolaou & Konstantinos Evangelinos, 2012. "Financial and non-financial environmental information: significant factors for corporate environmental performance measuring," International Journal of Managerial and Financial Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(1), pages 61-77.
- Crawford Spence, 2007. "Social and environmental reporting and hegemonic discourse," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(6), pages 855-882, October.
- Charles H. Cho & Martin Freedman & Dennis M. Patten, 2009. "Corporate Disclosure Of Environmental Capital Expenditures: A Test Of Alternative Theories," Post-Print halshs-00459410, HAL.
- Mustaruddin Saleh & Norhayah Zulkifli & Rusnah Muhamad, 2010. "Corporate social responsibility disclosure and its relation on institutional ownership: Evidence from public listed companies in Malaysia," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 25(6), pages 591-613, July.
- Cho, Charles H. & Roberts, Robin W. & Patten, Dennis M., 2010. "The language of US corporate environmental disclosure," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 431-443, May.
- Bikram Chatterjee & Monir Zaman Mir, 2008. "The current status of environmental reporting by Indian companies," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(6), pages 609-629, July.
- Jose-Manuel Prado-Lorenzo & Isabel-Maria Garcia-Sanchez, 2010. "The Role of the Board of Directors in Disseminating Relevant Information on Greenhouse Gases," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 97(3), pages 391-424, December.
- Haslinda Yusoff & Glen Lehman & Noraini Mohd Nasir, 2006. "Environmental engagements through the lens of disclosure practices: A Malaysian story," Asian Review of Accounting, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 14(1), pages 122-148, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.