Spanish air travel and the September 11 terrorist attacks: a note
AbstractThis paper studies the impact of the September 11 terrorist attacks and its after-effects on Spanish airline demand. Using monthly time series data from 1980â€“2003, we find that September 11th resulted in an ongoing negative demand shock although smaller than that experienced in the US but particularly in relation to international passengers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Air Transport Management.
Volume (Year): 10 (2004)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/
Terrorism; Demand shocks; Spanish airlines;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Doong, Her-Sen & Wang, Hui-Chih & Law, Rob, 2008. "An initial investigation of the effect of advertisement and word-of-month on first-time visitors to Hong Kong," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 159-161.
- Chèze, Benoît & Gastineau, Pascal & Chevallier, Julien, 2011.
"Forecasting world and regional aviation jet fuel demands to the mid-term (2025),"
Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 5147-5158, September.
- Chevallier, Julien & Chèze, Benoît & Gastineau, Pascal, 2011. "Forecasting world and regional aviation Jet-Fuel demands to the mid term (2025)," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6792, Paris Dauphine University.
- Charles, Amelie & Darne, Olivier, 2006. "Large shocks and the September 11th terrorist attacks on international stock markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 683-698, July.
- Castillo-Manzano, JosÃ© I. & Pedregal, Diego J. & Pozo-Barajas, Rafael, 2012. "Assessing fear of flying after a plane crash. The â€œRainmanâ€ effect â€“ Myth or reality?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 20(C), pages 20-22.
- Chevallier, Julien & Chèze, Benoît & Gastineau, Pascal, 2011. "Forecasting world and regional air traﬃc in the mid-term (2025): An econometric analysis of air traﬃc determinants using dynamic panel-data models," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6794, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.