Spanish air travel and the September 11 terrorist attacks: a note
AbstractThis paper studies the impact of the September 11 terrorist attacks and its after-effects on Spanish airline demand. Using monthly time series data from 1980â€“2003, we find that September 11th resulted in an ongoing negative demand shock although smaller than that experienced in the US but particularly in relation to international passengers.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Air Transport Management.
Volume (Year): 10 (2004)
Issue (Month): 6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/journal-of-air-transport-management/
Terrorism; Demand shocks; Spanish airlines;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chevallier, Julien & Chèze, Benoît & Gastineau, Pascal, 2011. "Forecasting world and regional aviation Jet-Fuel demands to the mid term (2025)," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6792, Paris Dauphine University.
- Chevallier, Julien & Chèze, Benoît & Gastineau, Pascal, 2011. "Forecasting world and regional air traﬃc in the mid-term (2025): An econometric analysis of air traﬃc determinants using dynamic panel-data models," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6794, Paris Dauphine University.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/6794 is not listed on IDEAS
- Charles, Amelie & Darne, Olivier, 2006. "Large shocks and the September 11th terrorist attacks on international stock markets," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 683-698, July.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/6792 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.