Which types of analyst firms are more optimistic?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 41 (2006)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jay R. Ritter & Ivo Welch, 2002.
"A Review of IPO Activity, Pricing, and Allocations,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1795-1828, 08.
- Jay Ritter & Ivo Welch, 2002. "A Review of IPO Activity, Pricing, and Allocations," NBER Working Papers 8805, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jay Ritter & Ivo Welch, 2002. "A Review of IPO Activity, Pricing and Allocations," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm258, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Apr 2002.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Lin, Hsiou-wei & McNichols, Maureen F., 1998. "Underwriting relationships, analysts' earnings forecasts and investment recommendations," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 101-127, February.
- Kolasinski, Adam & Kothari, S.P., 2004. "Investment Banking and Analyst Objectivity: Evidence from Forecasts and Recommendations of Analysts Affiliated with M&A Advisors," Working papers 4467-04, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Rajan, Raghuram & Servaes, Henri, 1997. " Analyst Following of Initial Public Offerings," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 52(2), pages 507-29, June.
- Clement, Michael B., 1999. "Analyst forecast accuracy: Do ability, resources, and portfolio complexity matter?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 285-303, July.
- Asquith, Paul & Mikhail, Michael B. & Au, Andrea S., 2005. "Information content of equity analyst reports," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 75(2), pages 245-282, February.
- Patricia C. O'Brien & Maureen F. Mcnichols & Lin Hsiou-Wei, 2005. "Analyst Impartiality and Investment Banking Relationships," Journal of Accounting Research, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(4), pages 623-650, 09.
- Aggarwal, Rajesh K. & Krigman, Laurie & Womack, Kent L., 2002. "Strategic IPO underpricing, information momentum, and lockup expiration selling," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 105-137, October.
- Harrison Hong & Jeffrey D. Kubik, 2003. "Analyzing the Analysts: Career Concerns and Biased Earnings Forecasts," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(1), pages 313-351, 02.
- Michaely, Roni & Womack, Kent L, 1999. "Conflict of Interest and the Credibility of Underwriter Analyst Recommendations," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 12(4), pages 653-86.
- Hugon, Artur & Muslu, Volkan, 2010. "Market demand for conservative analysts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 42-57, May.
- Xu, Nianhang & Jiang, Xuanyu & Chan, Kam C. & Yi, Zhihong, 2013. "Analyst coverage, optimism, and stock price crash risk: Evidence from China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 217-239.
- Kovner, Anna, 2012. "Do underwriters matter? The impact of the near failure of an equity underwriter," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 507-529.
- Beyer, Anne, 2008. "Financial analysts' forecast revisions and managers' reporting behavior," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2-3), pages 334-348, December.
- Alexander G. Kerl, 2011. "Target Price Accuracy," BuR - Business Research, German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 4(1), pages 74-96, March.
- Beyer, Anne & Cohen, Daniel A. & Lys, Thomas Z. & Walther, Beverly R., 2010. "The financial reporting environment: Review of the recent literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 296-343, December.
- Wu, Joanna Shuang & Zang, Amy Y., 2009. "What determine financial analysts' career outcomes during mergers?," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1-2), pages 59-86, March.
- Song, Kyojik “Roy” & Mantecon, Tomas & Altintig, Z. Ayca, 2012. "Chaebol-affiliated analysts: Conflicts of interest and market responses," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 584-596.
- Mehran, Hamid & Stulz, Rene M., 2006.
"The Economics of Conflicts of Interest in Financial Institutions,"
Working Paper Series
2006-21, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Mehran, Hamid & Stulz, Rene M., 2007. "The economics of conflicts of interest in financial institutions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 267-296, August.
- Hamid Mehran & Rene M. Stulz, 2006. "The Economics of Conflicts of Interest in Financial Institutions," NBER Working Papers 12695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yamamoto, Ryuichi & Hirata, Hideaki, 2013.
"Strategy switching in the Japanese stock market,"
Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control,
Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 2010-2022.
- Brown, Nerissa C. & Wei, Kelsey D. & Wermers, Russ, 2007. "Analyst recommendations, mutual fund herding, and overreaction in stock prices," CFR Working Papers 07-08, University of Cologne, Centre for Financial Research (CFR).
- Bartholdy, Jan & Feng, Tiyi, 2013. "The quality of securities firms' earnings forecasts and stock recommendations: Do informational advantages, reputation and experience matter in China?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 66-88.
- Ljungqvist, Alexander & Marston, Felicia & Starks, Laura T. & Wei, Kelsey D. & Yan, Hong, 2007.
"Conflicts of interest in sell-side research and the moderating role of institutional investors,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 85(2), pages 420-456, August.
- Ljungqvist, Alexander P & Marston, Felicia & Starks, Laura T & Wei, Kelsey D. & Yan, Hong, 2005. "Conflicts of Interest in Sell-Side Research and the Moderating Role of Institutional Investors," CEPR Discussion Papers 5001, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Koch, Christopher & Schmidt, Carsten, 2010. "Disclosing conflicts of interest - Do experience and reputation matter?," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 95-107, January.
- Lin, Wen-Chun & Chang, Shao-Chi & Chen, Sheng-Syan & Liao, Tsai-Ling, 2013. "The over-optimism of financial analysts and the long-run performance of firms following private placements of equity," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 82-92.
- Gu, Zhaoyang & Xue, Jian, 2008. "The superiority and disciplining role of independent analysts," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 289-316, August.
- Ramnath, Sundaresh & Rock, Steve & Shane, Philip, 2008. "The financial analyst forecasting literature: A taxonomy with suggestions for further research," International Journal of Forecasting, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 34-75.
- Beshears, John & Milkman, Katherine L., 2011. "Do sell-side stock analysts exhibit escalation of commitment?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 77(3), pages 304-317, March.
- Jung, Boochun & Shane, Philip B. & Sunny Yang, Yanhua, 2012. "Do financial analysts' long-term growth forecasts matter? Evidence from stock recommendations and career outcomes," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 55-76.
- Simona Mola & Massimo Guidolin, 2007.
"Affiliated mutual funds and analyst optimism,"
2007-017, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.