Characteristics of a firm's information environment and the information asymmetry between insiders and outsiders
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 37 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frankel, Richard & Kothari, S.P. & Weber, Joseph, 2006. "Determinants of the informativeness of analyst research," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(1-2), pages 29-54, April.
- Kallunki, Juha-Pekka & Nilsson, Henrik & Hellström, Jörgen, 2009. "Why do insiders trade? Evidence based on unique data on Swedish insiders," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 37-53, October.
- Yoon, Hyungwook & Zo, Hangjung & Ciganek, Andrew P., 2011. "Does XBRL adoption reduce information asymmetry?," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 157-163, February.
- Balling, Morten & Holm, Claus & Poulsen, Thomas, 2006. "Corporate governance ratings as a means to reduce asymmetric information," Financial Reporting Research Group Working Papers R-2005-04, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Business Studies.
- Armstrong, Christopher S. & Balakrishnan, Karthik & Cohen, Daniel, 2012. "Corporate governance and the information environment: Evidence from state antitakeover laws," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 185-204.
- Jerry, Sun, 2011. "The Effect of Analyst Coverage on the Informativeness of Income Smoothing," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(3), pages 333-349, September.
- Skaife, Hollis A. & Veenman, David & Wangerin, Daniel, 2013. "Internal control over financial reporting and managerial rent extraction: Evidence from the profitability of insider trading," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 91-110.
- Fahlenbrach, Rudiger & Stulz, Rene, 2008.
"Managerial Ownership Dynamics and Firm Value,"
Working Paper Series
2007-12, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Rüdiger Fahlenbrach & René M. Stulz, 2007. "Managerial Ownership Dynamics and Firm Value," NBER Working Papers 13202, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fahlenbrach, R端diger & Stulz, Ren辿 M., 2008. "Managerial ownership dynamics and firm value," CEI Working Paper Series 2008-1, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Chiao, Chaoshin & Chen, Shin-Hui & Hu, Jia-Ming, 2010. "Informational differences among institutional investors in an increasingly institutionalized market," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 118-129, March.
- William R. Latham & Helen Bowers, 2005. "Information Asymmetries, Litigation Risk and the Demand for Fairness Opinions: Evidence from U.S. Mergers & Acquisitions, 1980-2002," Working Papers 05-17, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Jenõ Beke & Mónika Tiszberger, 2012. "International Accounting Standardisation in Hungarian Practice," Public Finance Quarterly, State Audit Office of Hungary, vol. 57(4), pages 412-425.
- Chemmanur, Thomas J. & Liu, Mark H., 2011. "Institutional trading, information production, and the choice between spin-offs, carve-outs, and tracking stock issues," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 62-82, February.
- John, Kose & Knyazeva, Anzhela & Knyazeva, Diana, 2011. "Does geography matter? Firm location and corporate payout policy," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 533-551, September.
- Djatej, Arsen & Gao, Grace & Sarikas, Robert H.S. & Senteney, David L., 2011. "Eastern and Western European firms public and private information quality: The comparative impact of degree of implementation of IFRS," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 111-129, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.