Taxes, keiretsu affiliation, and income shifting
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 37 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Plesko, George A., 2003. "An evaluation of alternative measures of corporate tax rates," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 201-226, June.
- Jensen, Michael C, 1986. "Agency Costs of Free Cash Flow, Corporate Finance, and Takeovers," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(2), pages 323-29, May.
- Prowse, Stephen D, 1992. " The Structure of Corporate Ownership in Japan," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(3), pages 1121-40, July.
- David Harris & Randall Morck & Joel Slemrod & Bernard Yeung, 1991.
"Income Shifting in U.S. Multinational Corporations,"
NBER Working Papers
3924, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Harris & Randall Morck & Joel B. Slemrod, 1993. "Income Shifting in U.S. Multinational Corporations," NBER Chapters, in: Studies in International Taxation, pages 277-308 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harris, D. & Morck, R. & Slemrod, J., 1991. "Income Shifting in U.S. Multinational Corporations," Working Papers 287, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Zimmerman, Jerold L., 1983. "Taxes and firm size," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 119-149, April.
- Titman, Sheridan & Wessels, Roberto, 1988. " The Determinants of Capital Structure Choice," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(1), pages 1-19, March.
- Berglof, Erik & Perotti, Enrico, 1994. "The governance structure of the Japanese financial keiretsu," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 259-284, October.
- Sheard, Paul, 1989. "The main bank system and corporate monitoring and control in Japan," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 399-422, May.
- Sadahiko Suzuki & Richard W Wright, 1985. "Financial Structure and Bankruptcy Risk in Japanese Companies," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 16(1), pages 97-110, March.
- Hodder, James E. & Tschoegl, Adrian E., 1985. "Some Aspects of Japanese Corporate Finance," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(02), pages 173-191, June.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap & David Scharfstein, 1990.
"The Role of Banks in Reducing the Costs of Financial Distress in Japan,"
NBER Working Papers
3435, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hoshi, Takeo & Kashyap, Anil & Scharfstein, David, 1990. "The role of banks in reducing the costs of financial distress in Japan," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 67-88, September.
- Beason, D., 1998. "Keiretsu affiliation and share price volatility in Japan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(1-2), pages 27-43, May.
- Fisher, Franklin M, 1970. "Tests of Equality Between Sets of Coefficients in Two Linear Regressions: An Expository Note," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 38(2), pages 361-66, March.
- Stephen D. Prowse, 1990. "Institutional investment patterns and corporate financial behavior in the U.S. and Japan," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 108, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Guo, Enyang & Keown, Arthur J. & Sen, Nilanjan, 2001. "The impact of firm diversification and focus: The Japanese experience," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 165-193, June.
- George, Rejie & Kabir, Rezaul, 2008.
"Business groups and profit redistribution: A boon or bane for firms?,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 61(9), pages 1004-1014, September.
- George, R. & Kabir, M.R. & Douma, S.W., 2004. "Business Groups and Profit Redistribution: A Boon or Bane for Firms," Discussion Paper 2004-124, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Cho, Myojung & Hah, Young D. & Kim, Oliver, 2011. "Optimistic bias in management forecasts by Japanese firms to avoid forecasting losses," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 79-101, March.
- Beuselinck, C.A.C. & Deloof, M., 2006.
"Business Groups, Taxes and Accruals Management,"
2006-46, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Schindler, Dirk & Schjelderup, Guttorm, 2008.
"Multinationals, Minority Ownership and Tax-Efficient Financing Structures,"
2008/19, Department of Business and Management Science, Norwegian School of Economics.
- Dirk Schindler & Guttorm Schjelderup, 2010. "Multinationals, Minority Ownership and Tax-Efficient Financing Structures," CESifo Working Paper Series 3034, CESifo Group Munich.
- Kentaro Koga & Satomi Uchino, 2012. "Bank-Firm Relationships and Security Analyst Activities: Evidence from Japan," The Japanese Accounting Review, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University, vol. 2, pages 49-73, December.
- Saito, Takuji & Odagiri, Hiroyuki, 2008. "Intraboard heterogeneity and the role of bank-dispatched directors in Japanese firms: An empirical study," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 572-590, November.
- Akinobu Shuto & Takuya Iwasaki, 2013. "The Effect of Institutional Factors on Discontinuities in Earnings Distribution: Public Versus Private Firms in Japan," Discussion Paper Series DP2013-32, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Troberg, Pontus & Kinnunen, Juha & Seppänen, Harri J., 2010. "What drives cross-segment diversity in returns and risks? Evidence from Japanese and U.S. firms," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 44-76, March.
- Kevin S Markle, 2012. "A Comparison of the Tax-motivated Income Shifting of Multinationals in Territorial and Worldwide Countries," Working Papers 1206, Oxford University Centre for Business Taxation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.