Market valuations in the New Economy: an investigation of what has changed
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 34 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1-3 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dechow, Patricia M. & Hutton, Amy P. & Sloan, Richard G., 1999. "An empirical assessment of the residual income valuation model1," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 1-34, January.
- Collins, Daniel W. & Kothari, S. P. & Shanken, Jay & Sloan, Richard G., 1994. "Lack of timeliness and noise as explanations for the low contemporaneuos return-earnings association," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 289-324, November.
- Eugene Fama & F. & Kenneth R. French, .
"The Equity Premium.","
CRSP working papers
522, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Collins, Daniel W. & Maydew, Edward L. & Weiss, Ira S., 1997. "Changes in the value-relevance of earnings and book values over the past forty years," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 39-67, December.
- Morck, Randall & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1988. "Management ownership and market valuation : An empirical analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(1-2), pages 293-315, January.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-36, May-June.
- Brown, Stephen & Lo, Kin & Lys, Thomas, 1999. "Use of R2 in accounting research: measuring changes in value relevance over the last four decades," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(2), pages 83-115, December.
- Basu, Sudipta, 1997. "The conservatism principle and the asymmetric timeliness of earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 3-37, December.
- Kothari, S. P. & Zimmerman, Jerold L., 1995. "Price and return models," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 155-192, September.
- Gehan A. Mousa & Abdelmohsen M. Desoky & Zuraidah Mohd Sanusi, 2012. "The Association Between Internal Governance Mechanisms And Corporate Value:Â Evidence From Bahrain," Asian Academy of Management Journal of Accounting and Finance, Penerbit Universiti Sains Malaysia, vol. 8(Supp. 1), pages 67-91.
- Elnathan, Dan & Gavious, Ilanit & Hauser, Shmuel, 2010. "An analysis of private versus public firm valuations and the contribution of financial experts," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 45(4), pages 387-412, December.
- Dechow, Patricia & Ge, Weili & Schrand, Catherine, 2010. "Understanding earnings quality: A review of the proxies, their determinants and their consequences," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 344-401, December.
- Ilanit Gavious & Dafna Schwartz, 2009. "The Valuation Implications of Sales Growth in Start-up Ventures," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 13(2), pages 1-24, Fall.
- Sami, Heibatollah & Zhou, Haiyan, 2004. "A comparison of value relevance of accounting information in different segments of the Chinese stock market," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 403-427.
- Jamal Barzegari Khanagha, 2011. "Value Relevance of Accounting Information in the United Arab Emirates," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 1(2), pages 33-45, June.
- Seok Woo Jeong & Jinbae Kim & Sungsoo Yoon, 2007. "Assigned Auditors and Market Valuation: Korean Evidence," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(1), pages 37-46, May.
- Shah, Syed Zulfiqar Ali & Stark, Andrew W. & Akbar, Saeed, 2009. "The value relevance of major media advertising expenditures: Some U.K. evidence," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 187-206, June.
- Kothari, S. P. & Shanken, Jay, 2003. "Time-series coefficient variation in value-relevance regressions: a discussion of Core, Guay, and Van Buskirk and new evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-3), pages 69-87, January.
- Li Wang & Pervaiz Alam & Stephen Makar, 2005. "The Value-Relevance of Derivative Disclosures by Commercial Banks: A Comprehensive Study of Information Content Under SFAS Nos. 119 and 133," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 413-427, December.
- Ana Cunha & José Moreira, 2010. "Relevância informativa das Despesas de Investigação e Desenvolvimento: um estudo para o caso português," Notas Económicas, Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra, issue 31, pages 06-23, June.
- Gavious, Ilanit & Parmet, Yisrael, 2010. "Do private firm valuations contain incremental information content over routine analyst valuations?," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 223-234, June.
- Morris, John J. & Alam, Pervaiz, 2012. "Value relevance and the dot-com bubble of the 1990s," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 243-255.
- Al-Hares, Osama M. & AbuGhazaleh, Naser M. & Haddad, Ayman E., 2012. "Value relevance of earnings, book value and dividends in an emerging capital market: Kuwait evidence," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 221-234.
- Aharon, David Y. & Gavious, Ilanit & Yosef, Rami, 2010. "Stock market bubble effects on mergers and acquisitions," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 456-470, November.
- Soenke Sievers & Jan Klobucnik, 2011. "Valuing high technology growth firms," Cologne Graduate School Working Paper Series 02-07, Cologne Graduate School in Management, Economics and Social Sciences.
- Rubio Martín, Gracia & Rodríguez Paredes, Mercedes & Maroto Acín, Juan Antonio, 2013. "La escasa relevancia de la información contable sobre los activos intangibles en la valoración de las empresas innovadoras españolas: el caso de los sectores farmacéutico y biotecnológico || The ," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 16(1), pages 68-94, December.
- Haim Kedar-Levy, 2013. "A Robust Valuation Model for Entrepreneurial Ventures," Journal of Entrepreneurial Finance, Pepperdine University, Graziadio School of Business and Management, vol. 16(2), pages 57-74, Spring.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.