Stock price reaction and value relevance of recognition versus disclosure: the case of stock-based compensation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 33 (2002)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lambert, Richard A., 1993. "The use of accounting and security price measures of performance in managerial compensation contracts: A discussion," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-3), pages 101-123, April.
- Espahbodi, Hassan & Strock, Elizabeth & Tehranian, Hassan, 1991. "Impact on equity prices of pronouncements related to nonpension postretirement benefits," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 323-346, December.
- Salatka, William K., 1989. "The impact of SFAS no. 8 on equity prices of early and late adopting firms : An events study and cross-sectional analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 35-69, February.
- Smith, C.W. & Watts, R.L., 1992.
"The Investment Oppotunity set and Corporate Financing, Dividend and Compensation Policies,"
92-02, Rochester, Business - Financial Research and Policy Studies.
- Smith, Clifford Jr. & Watts, Ross L., 1992. "The investment opportunity set and corporate financing, dividend, and compensation policies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 263-292, December.
- Sloan, Richard G., 1993. "Accounting earnings and top executive compensation," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-3), pages 55-100, April.
- Gaver, Jennifer J. & Gaver, Kenneth M., 1993. "Additional evidence on the association between the investment opportunity set and corporate financing, dividend, and compensation policies," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-3), pages 125-160, April.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "A Heteroskedasticity-Consistent Covariance Matrix Estimator and a Direct Test for Heteroskedasticity," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(4), pages 817-38, May.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G., 1990. "Effectiveness of accounting-based dividend covenants," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-3), pages 97-123, January.
- Lewis, Craig & Verwijmeren, Patrick, 2014. "Cash-settled convertible bonds and the value relevance of their accounting treatment," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 101-111.
- Palmon, Oded & Bar-Yosef, Sasson & Chen, Ren-Raw & Venezia, Itzhak, 2008. "Optimal strike prices of stock options for effort-averse executives," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 229-239, February.
- Cools, Kees & van Praag, Mirjam, 2007.
"The Value Relevance of Top Executive Departures: Evidence from the Netherlands,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3054, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cools, Kees & Mirjam van Praag, C., 2007. "The value relevance of top executive departures: Evidence from the Netherlands," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(5), pages 721-742, December.
- Di Maggio, Marco & Pagano, Marco, 2012.
"Financial Disclosure and Market Transparency with Costly Information Processing,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9207, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marco Di Maggio & Marco Pagano, 2012. "Financial Disclosure and Market Transparency with Costly Information Processing," EIEF Working Papers Series 1212, Einaudi Institute for Economics and Finance (EIEF), revised May 2014.
- Marco di Maggio & Marco Pagano, 2012. "Financial Disclosure and Market Transparency with Costly Information Processing," CSEF Working Papers 323, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy, revised 23 Oct 2013.
- Edwards, Alexander & Shevlin, Terry, 2011. "The value of a flow-through entity in an integrated corporate tax system," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 473-491, August.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2006.
321307000000000236, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Choudhary, Preeti, 2011. "Evidence on differences between recognition and disclosure: A comparison of inputs to estimate fair values of employee stock options," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 51(1-2), pages 77-94, February.
- Butzbach, Olivier & Di Carlo, Ferdinando, 2008. "The effects of stock options accounting regulation on corporate governance: A comparative European study," MPRA Paper 14843, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernandes, Nuno & Lel, Ugur & Miller, Darius P., 2010.
"Escape from New York: The market impact of loosening disclosure requirements,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(2), pages 129-147, February.
- Nuno Fernandes & Ugur Lel & Darius P. Miller, 2009. "Escape from New York: the market impact of loosening disclosure requirements," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Jan.
- Timothy Shields & Baohua Xin, 2012. "Higher-order Beliefs in Simple Trading Models," Working Papers 12-18, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Brandes, Pamela & Hadani, Michael & Goranova, Maria, 2006. "Stock options expensing: An examination of agency and institutional theory explanations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(5), pages 595-603, May.
- Frischmann, Peter J. & Shevlin, Terry & Wilson, Ryan, 2008. "Economic consequences of increasing the conformity in accounting for uncertain tax benefits," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(2-3), pages 261-278, December.
- Lapointe-Antunes, Pascale & Cormier, Denis & Magnan, Michel, 2009. "Value relevance and timeliness of transitional goodwill-impairment losses: Evidence from Canada," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 56-78, March.
- Armstrong, Christopher S. & Guay, Wayne R. & Weber, Joseph P., 2010. "The role of information and financial reporting in corporate governance and debt contracting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 179-234, December.
- Maik Lachmann & Arnt Wöhrmann & Andreas Wömpener, 2011. "Acquisition and integration of fair value information on liabilities into investors' judgments," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 10(4), pages 385-410, November.
- Muurling, Rutger & Lehnert, Thorsten, 2004. "Option-based compensation: a survey," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 365-401.
- Shilpa Manaktala & John D. Phillips & Karen Teitel, 2004. "The Earnings Quality Consequences of Announcements to Voluntarily Adopt the Fair Value Method of Accounting for Stock-Based Compensation," Working Papers 0413, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Ching-Chieh Lin & Chi-Yun Hua & Shu-Hua Lee & Wen-Chih Lee, 2011. "The policy consequence of expensing stock-based compensation," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(1), pages 80-93, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.