Revaluations of fixed assets and future firm performance: Evidence from the UK1
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 26 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1-3 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aboody, David & Johnson, Nicole Bastian & Kasznik, Ron, 2010. "Employee stock options and future firm performance: Evidence from option repricings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 74-92, May.
- Kothari, S. P. & Shanken, Jay, 2003. "Time-series coefficient variation in value-relevance regressions: a discussion of Core, Guay, and Van Buskirk and new evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(1-3), pages 69-87, January.
- Konchitchki, Yaniv, 2011. "Inflation and Nominal Financial Reporting: Implications for Performance and Stock Prices," MPRA Paper 52928, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Courtenay, Stephen M. & Cahan, Steven F., 2004. "The impact of debt on market reactions to the revaluation of noncurrent assets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 219-243, April.
- C. Cheng & Dana Hollie, 2008. "Do core and non-core cash flows from operations persist differentially in predicting future cash flows?," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 29-53, July.
- Yawson, Alfred, 2009. "Interaction effects of restructuring decisions on operating profit following performance shocks," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 216-237.
- Palea, Vera, 2013. "Fair Value Accounting and Its Usefulness to Financial Statement Users," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 201327, University of Turin.
- Konchitchki, Yaniv, 2013. "Accounting and the Macroeconomy: The Case of Aggregate Price-Level Effects on Individual Stocks," MPRA Paper 52934, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Hui & Parsley, David & Yang, Ya-wen, 2010. "Corporate Lobbying and Financial Performance," MPRA Paper 21114, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- C.S. Agnes Cheng & Stephen W.J. Lin, 2009. "When do firms revalue their assets upwards? Evidence from the UK," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 17(2), pages 166-188, June.
- George Emmanuel Iatridis & George Kilirgiotis, 2012. "Incentives for fixed asset revaluations: the UK evidence," Journal of Applied Accounting Research, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 13(1), pages 5-20.
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 2001. "The relevance of the value relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting: another view," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 77-104, September.
- Robert Edelstein & Steve Fortin & Desmond Tsang, 2012. "An International Exploration of Financial Reporting Practices in the Real Estate Industry," International Real Estate Review, Asian Real Estate Society, vol. 15(3), pages 347-372.
- Missonier-Piera, Franck, 2007. "Motives for fixed-asset revaluation: An empirical analysis with Swiss data," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 186-205.
- Dechow, Patricia & Ge, Weili & Schrand, Catherine, 2010. "Understanding earnings quality: A review of the proxies, their determinants and their consequences," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2-3), pages 344-401, December.
- John M. Barrios & Marco Fasan & Daniele Macciocchi, 2013. "CEO turnover, earnings management and value relevance. A theoretical analysis on the Italian context," Working Papers 11, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.