Value-relevance of banks' derivatives disclosures
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 22 (1996)
Issue (Month): 1-3 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Venkatachalam, Mohan & Linsmeier, Thomas J. & Thornton, Daniel B. & Welker, Michael, 2001. "Do FRR 48 Disclosures Reduce Investors' Uncertainty and Diversity of Opinion about Firms' Market Risk Exposures?: A Trading Volume Analysis," Research Papers 1674, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Hsu, Audrey Wen-hsin & Duh, Rong-Ruey & Cheng, Kang, 2012. "Does the Control-based Approach to Consolidated Statements Better Reflect Market Value than the Ownership-based Approach?," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 198-225.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Watts, Ross L., 2001. "The relevance of the value-relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 3-75, September.
- Ben Hamida, Nessrine, 2007. "Évaluation empirique des impacts des évènements ayant abouti à l'adoption de l'IAS 39 sur les cours boursiers des banques françaises cotées," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2803, Paris Dauphine University.
- Chalmers, Keryn & Godfrey, Jayne M., 2004. "Reputation costs: the impetus for voluntary derivative financial instrument reporting," Accounting, Organizations and Society, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 95-125, February.
- Nessrine Ben Hamida, 2007. "Évaluation Empirique Des Impacts Des Évenements Ayant Abouti À L'Adoption De L'Ias 39 Sur Les Cours Boursiers Des Banques Françaises Cotées," Post-Print halshs-00543075, HAL.
- Robert Amzallag & Michel Magnan & Bryan Campbell, 2009. "A Banker’s Perspective on the Financial Crisis," CIRANO Burgundy Reports 2009rb-02, CIRANO.
- J. David Cummins & Richard D. Phillips & Stephen D. Smith, 1998.
"Derivatives and Corporate Risk Management: Participation and Volume Decisions in the Insurance Industry,"
Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers
98-19, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- J. David Cummins & Richard D. Phillips & Stephen D. Smith, 1997. "Derivatives and corporate risk management: participation and volume decisions in the insurance industry," Working Paper 97-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Lionel Escaffre & Réda Sefsaf, 2011. "Comparing the value relevance of earnings and book value in IFRS and GAAP standards," Post-Print hal-00769389, HAL.
- Lys, Thomas, 1996. "Abandoning the transactions-based accounting model: Weighing the evidence," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 155-175, October.
- George Emmanuel Iatridis & Anthony Dionysus Persakis, 2012. "Bank profitability determinants under IFRSs," International Journal of Economics and Accounting, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 77-99.
- Chaudhry, Mukesh K. & Christie-David, Rohan & Koch, Timothy W. & Reichert, Alan K., 2000. "The risk of foreign currency contingent claims at US commercial banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(9), pages 1399-1417, September.
- Roland Strausz & Katrin Burkhardt, . "The Effect of Fair vs. Book Value Accounting on the Behavior of Banks," Papers 024, Departmental Working Papers.
- repec:ner:dauphi:urn:hdl:123456789/2329 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ben Hamida, Nessrine, 2007. "Evaluation empirique des impacts des événements ayant abouti à l'adoption de l'IAS 39 sur les cours boursiers des banques françaises cotées," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2329, Paris Dauphine University.
- María Rodríguez-Moreno & Sergio Mayordomo & Juan Ignacio Peña, 2012. "Derivatives Holdings and Systemic Risk in the U.S. Banking Sector," Faculty Working Papers 21/12, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Li Wang & Pervaiz Alam & Stephen Makar, 2005. "The Value-Relevance of Derivative Disclosures by Commercial Banks: A Comprehensive Study of Information Content Under SFAS Nos. 119 and 133," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 25(4), pages 413-427, December.
- Ben Hamida, Nessrine, 2006. "Banking accounts volatility induced by IAS 39: A simulation model applied to the French case," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/2187, Paris Dauphine University.
- Livne, Gilad & Markarian, Garen & Milne, Alistair, 2011. "Bankers' compensation and fair value accounting," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 1096-1115, September.
- Barth, Mary E. & Beaver, William H. & Landsman, Wayne R., 2001. "The relevance of the value relevance literature for financial accounting standard setting: another view," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 77-104, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.