Information in prices about future earnings : Implications for earnings response coefficients
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 15 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2-3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Teets, Walter R. & Wasley, Charles E., 1996. "Estimating earnings response coefficients: Pooled versus firm-specific models," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 279-295, June.
- Bodnar, Gordon M. & Weintrop, Joseph, 1997.
"The valuation of the foreign income of US multinational firms: a growth opportunities perspective,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 69-97, December.
- Gordon M. Bodnar & Joseph Weintrop, 1997. "The Valuation of the Foreign Income of U.S. Multinational Firms: A Growth Opportunities Perspective," NBER Working Papers 5904, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nikolaos Eriotis & Dimitrios Vasiliou & Vasileios Zisis, 2004. "The Asymmetric Timeliness in the Reporting of Good and Bad News of Firms That Trade in the Athens Stock Exchange," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(3-4), pages 103-.
- Faff, Robert & Hillier, David, 2005. "Complete markets, informed trading and equity option introductions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1359-1384, June.
- Frank, Kimberly, 2002. "The effect of growth on the value relevance of accounting data," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 69-78, January.
- Basu, Sudipta, 1997. "The conservatism principle and the asymmetric timeliness of earnings," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 3-37, December.
- Leuz, Christian & Wüstemann, Jens, 2003. "The role of accounting in the German financial system," CFS Working Paper Series 2003/16, Center for Financial Studies (CFS).
- Jorgensen, Bjorn & Li, Jing & Sadka, Gil, 2012. "Earnings dispersion and aggregate stock returns," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 1-20.
- Ayers, Benjamin & Freeman, Robert N., 1997. "Market assessment of industry and firm earnings information," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 205-218, December.
- Roychowdhury, Sugata & Watts, Ross L., 2007. "Asymmetric timeliness of earnings, market-to-book and conservatism in financial reporting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 2-31, September.
- Kothari, S. P., 2001. "Capital markets research in accounting," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 105-231, September.
- Herrmann, Don & Thomas, Wayne B., 1997. "Geographic segment disclosures: Theories, findings, and implications," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 487-501.
- Ting-Kai Chou, 2013. "Information content of credit ratings in pricing of future earnings," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 40(2), pages 217-250, February.
- Sadka, Gil & Sadka, Ronnie, 2009. "Predictability and the earnings-returns relation," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(1), pages 87-106, October.
- Nagy, Albert L. & Neal, Terry L., 2001. "An empirical examination of corporate myopic behavior: a comparison of Japanese and U.S. companies," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 91-113, 02.
- Mohamed Sellami, 2006. "Typologie des déterminants comptables de la valeur : Apports de l'approche économique de l'information dans la mesure de la valeur," Post-Print halshs-00558252, HAL.
- James K. Self, 2006. "Asymmetric Stationarity in National Stock Market Indices: An MTAR Analysis," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(6), pages 3153-3174, November.
- Truong, Cameron & Corrado, Charles & Chen, Yangyang, 2012. "The options market response to accounting earnings announcements," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 423-450.
- Cheung, Joseph K. & Kim, Jeong-Bon & Lee, Jason, 1999. "The Impact of Institutional Characteristics on Return-Earnings Associations in Japan," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 571-596, 010.
- Kothari, S. P. & Zimmerman, Jerold L., 1995. "Price and return models," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 155-192, September.
- Dobija, Dorota & Klimczak, Karol Marek, 2010. "Development of accounting in Poland: Market efficiency and the value relevance of reported earnings," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 356-374, September.
- Engel, Ellen & Hayes, Rachel M. & Wang, Xue, 2003. "CEO turnover and properties of accounting information," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1-3), pages 197-226, December.
- Hannu, Schadewitz, 1997. "Financial and nonfinancial information in interim reports: Determinants and implications," MPRA Paper 44292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jiang, Li & Kim, Jeong-Bon, 2000. "Cross-Corporate ownership, information asymmetry and the usefulness of accounting performance measures in Japan," The International Journal of Accounting, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 85-98, 03.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.