The behavior of daily stock market trading volume
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Accounting and Economics.
Volume (Year): 11 (1989)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jae
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Taoufik Bouraoui, 2008. "L'impact des spams boursiers sur les volumes : Application de la méthodologie des études d’événement," EconomiX Working Papers 2008-11, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Chuang, Wen-I & Lee, Bong-Soo, 2006. "An empirical evaluation of the overconfidence hypothesis," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(9), pages 2489-2515, September.
- João Duque & Inês Pinto, 2008. "Regulatory disclosure via the internet: does it make financial markets more efficient?," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 5-19, February.
- Matthias Pfister & Rico Wyss, 2010. "Delistings of secondary listings: price and volume effects," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 24(4), pages 395-418, December.
- Saffi, Pedro, 2008. "Differences of opinion, information and the timing of trades," IESE Research Papers D/747, IESE Business School.
- Ana Andrés-Andrés, 2001. "Impacto sobre el mercado bursátil del vencimiento de los contratos de derivados sobre el IBEX 35," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 25(1), pages 203-234, January.
- Gyoshev, Stanley & Kaplan, Todd R. & Szewczyk, Samuel & Tsetsekos, George, 2012. "Why Do Financial Intermediaries Buy Put Options from Companies?," MPRA Paper 43149, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dan Palmon & Ephraim Sudit & Ari Yezegel, 2009. "The value of columnists’ stock recommendations: an event study approach," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 33(3), pages 209-232, October.
- Cheng Chee Mun, Eugene & Courtenay, Stephen M. & Rahman, Asheq R., 2011. "Effects of prior voluntary disclosure on earnings announcements in an environment with low information and regulation," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 308-329, June.
- Maher, Daniela & Parikh, Anokhi, 2013. "The turn of the month effect in India: A case of large institutional trading pattern as a source of higher liquidity," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 28(C), pages 57-69.
- J. Carlos Gómez Sala & Jorge Yzaguirre, 2003.
"Presión sobre los precios en las revisiones del índice IBEX35,"
Fundación SEPI, vol. 27(3), pages 491-531, September.
- Juan Carlos Gómez Sala & Jorge Yzaguirre Sharfhaussen, 2000. "Presión sobre los precios en las revisiones del índice Ibex35," Working Papers. Serie EC 2000-22, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Rani Hoitash & Murugappa (Murgie) Krishnan, 2008. "Herding, momentum and investor over-reaction," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 25-47, January.
- Lidén, Erik R., 2003. "Swedish Stock Recommendations: Information Content or Price Pressure?," Working Papers in Economics 98, University of Gothenburg, Department of Economics, revised 19 Sep 2003.
- Darshana D. Palkar & Niranjan Tripathy, 2011. "Seasoned equity offerings: stock market liquidity and duration of the completion cycle," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(4), pages 380-405, April.
- Jiang Wang, 2002. "Trading Volume and Asset Prices," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 3(2), pages 299-359, November.
- Irvine, P. J. A., 2000. "Do analysts generate trade for their firms? Evidence from the Toronto stock exchange," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 209-226, October.
- Sascha Wilkens & Jens Wimschulte, 2005. "Price and Volume Effects Associated with 2003’s Major Reorganization of German Stock Indices," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 61-98, June.
- Jaiswal-Dale, Ameeta & Jithendranathan, Thadavillil, 2009. "Transmission of shocks from cross-listed markets to the return and volatility of domestic stocks," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 395-408, December.
- Glaser, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2002. "Momentum and Turnover: Evidence from the German Stock Market," CEPR Discussion Papers 3353, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Efthymiou, Vassilis A. & Leledakis, George N., 2011. "The price impact of the disposition effect on the ex-dividend day of NYSE and AMEX common stocks," MPRA Paper 28791, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bessembinder, Hendrik & Chan, Kalok & Seguin, Paul J., 1996. "An empirical examination of information, differences of opinion, and trading activity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 105-134, January.
- Arnold, Tom & Erwin, Gayle & Nail, Lance & Nixon, Terry, 2006. "Do option markets substitute for stock markets? Evidence from trading on anticipated tender offer announcements," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 247-255.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.