Mandatory rotation of company auditors: A critical examination
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal International Review of Law and Economics.
Volume (Year): 17 (1997)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/irle
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary S. Becker, 1968.
"Crime and Punishment: An Economic Approach,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 76, pages 169.
- Tirole, Jean, 1986. "Hierarchies and Bureaucracies: On the Role of Collusion in Organizations," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 2(2), pages 181-214, Fall.
- Dye, Ronald A., 1991. "Informationally motivated auditor replacement," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 347-374, December.
- DeAngelo, Linda Elizabeth, 1982. "Mandated successful efforts and auditor choice," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 171-203, December.
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Separation of Ownership and Control," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 301-25, June.
- Watts, Ross L & Zimmerman, Jerold L, 1983. "Agency Problems, Auditing, and the Theory of the Firm: Some Evidence," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(3), pages 613-33, October.
- Fama, Eugene F & Jensen, Michael C, 1983. "Agency Problems and Residual Claims," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 327-49, June.
- Klein, Benjamin & Leffler, Keith B, 1981. "The Role of Market Forces in Assuring Contractual Performance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 615-41, August.
- Klemperer, Paul D, 1987. "Entry Deterrence in Markets with Consumer Switching Costs," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388a), pages 99-117, Supplemen.
- Francis, Jere R., 1984. "The effect of audit firm size on audit prices : A study of the Australian Market," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(2), pages 133-151, August.
- Kofman, Fred & Lawarree, Jacques, 1993. "Collusion in Hierarchical Agency," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(3), pages 629-56, May.
- DeAngelo, Linda Elizabeth, 1981. "Auditor size and audit quality," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(3), pages 183-199, December.
- Klemperer, Paul, 1987. "Markets with Consumer Switching Costs," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 102(2), pages 375-94, May.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Johnson, W. Bruce & Lys, Thomas, 1990. "The market for audit services : Evidence from voluntary auditor changes," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-3), pages 281-308, January.
- Christian Müller, 2004. "Bilanzskandale - Eine institutionenökonomische Analyse," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 5(2), pages 211-225, 05.
- Chung, Richard & Firth, Michael & Kim, Jeong-Bon, 2005. "Earnings management, surplus free cash flow, and external monitoring," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(6), pages 766-776, June.
- Benito Arruñada, 2000.
"Audit quality: Attributes, private safeguards and the role of regulation,"
Economics Working Papers
452, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Benito Arrunada, 2000. "Audit quality: attributes, private safeguards and the role of regulation," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(2), pages 205-224.
- Emiliano Ruiz Barbadillo & Nieves Gómez Aguilar & Nieves Carrera Pena, 2006. "Evidencia empírica sobre el efecto de la duración del contrato en la calidad de la auditoría: análisis de las medidas de retención y rotación obligatoria de auditores," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 30(2), pages 283-316, May.
- Ann Vanstraelen, 2000. "Impact of renewable long-term audit mandates on audit quality," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(3), pages 419-442.
- Christopher Bleibtreu & Stephan Ulrike Stefani, 2013. "The Effects of Mandatory Auditor Rotation on Low Balling Behavior and Auditor Independence," Working Paper Series of the Department of Economics, University of Konstanz 2013-14, Department of Economics, University of Konstanz.
- Andrew B. Jackson & Michael Moldrich & Peter Roebuck, 2008. "Mandatory audit firm rotation and audit quality," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(5), pages 420-437, May.
- D'Agosto, Elena, 2007. "Auditing Issues across Countries: an Explorative Approach to the Regulation Framework," MPRA Paper 50989, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Segun Idowu Adeniyi & Ebipanipre Gabriel Mieseigha, 2013. "Audit Tenure: An Assessment of its Effects on Audit Quality in Nigeria," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 3(3), pages 275-283, July.
- Nieves Carrera & Nieves Gómez-Aguilar & Christopher Humphrey & Emiliano Ruiz-Barbadillo, 2007. "Mandatory audit firm rotation in Spain: a policy that was never applied," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 20(5), pages 671-701, August.
- Nieves Carrera, 2006. "Mandatory audit firm rotation in Spain: a policy that was never applied," Working Papers Economia wp06-21, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Rana Ahmad Baker & Ali Al-Thuneibat, 2011. "Audit tenure and the equity risk premium: evidence from Jordan," International Journal of Accounting and Information Management, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 19(1), pages 5-23, March.
- Ali Abedalqader Al-Thuneibat & Ream Tawfiq Ibrahim Al Issa & Rana Ahmad Ata Baker, 2011. "Do audit tenure and firm size contribute to audit quality?: Empirical evidence from Jordan," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(4), pages 317-334, May.
- Sanders, Christina Butler & Steward, Michelle D. & Bridges, Sheri, 2009. "Facilitating knowledge transfer during SOX-mandated audit partner rotation," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 573-582, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.